well im getting my cvr back from stillwater and this one is going to be a D2 ohm, this is good bc mthe zx puts out 375rms @ 4ohms. I love Kicker to death but I jus think they cant be overpowerd or pushed 2 soon. Every cvr i had the voice coils heated up and i eventully blew em. My first cvr i blew on a rockford 550.2 bridged @550rms(my fault), my otha D2 cvr i would smell the VC heating up on 275rms( dont know y) and my 3rd d4 ohm i annialated on 750rms(that was stupid). Finally do you think i will kill this fourth cvr on 375rms?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

well im getting my cvr back from stillwater and this one is going to be a D2 ohm, this is good bc mthe zx puts out 375rms @ 4ohms. I love Kicker to death but I jus think they cant be overpowerd or pushed 2 soon. Every cvr i had the voice coils heated up and i eventully blew em. My first cvr i blew on a rockford 550.2 bridged @550rms(my fault), my otha D2 cvr i would smell the VC heating up on 275rms( dont know y) and my 3rd d4 ohm i annialated on 750rms(that was stupid). Finally do you think i will kill this fourth cvr on 375rms?

Your clipping them.... Or your enclosure is causing you to have heat problem....such as it being too small.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Your clipping them.... Or your enclosure is causing you to have heat problem....such as it being too small.

Theres no way the box was 2 small, all i know is im done with kicker subs.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Theres no way the box was 2 small, all i know is im done with kicker subs.

not even 24 hours?? what happened?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

• 3 months later...

what were box dimensions? How big was port (HxWxL)?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Ya I think you are clipping them too.

Why can I over power Kicker subs and not blow them? I mean I have really messed up some Kicker subs but never hurt the voice coil.

Hell I just got done testing one of their 2009 subs with twice the power on it and the cone and coil were both cool as ice.

If you use that sub on an amp that does 375 watts and the sub blows then that pretty much proves that you are driving your amp to hard.

This sounds like a clear case of user error so don't blame Kicker.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ive been runnin for 2 or 3 years now my 2 cvr 15s on a hifonics bxi1606 at 1 ohm I have never gotten them even stinky. Im now adding 2 more subs and another amp. I have in my wifes car 2 comp 12s on a bxi1606 and they only get stinky after about 30 min of straight playing all the way up. We have plans of upgrading her to cvr's or cvx's.