Soldering HELP!! *WITH PICS

i heat up the terminal til the wire itself gets hot enough to melt the solder, and push the solder down into the wire until its full of solder. then i puddle it up around the top and make it look good.

i always end up with a little melted jacket, but some heat shrink or the boot normally covers it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

What about 50/50? Thats what I used for mine and it turnd out fine. Does it have to be 60/40? Or is that just easier to use?

the only difference between 50/50 and 60/40 is the ratio of the alloys.

60/40 is usually preffered for electronic soldering, but i couldnt tell you why. it might be the conductivity and such.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

the only difference between 50/50 and 60/40 is the ratio of the alloys.

60/40 is usually preffered for electronic soldering, but i couldnt tell you why. it might be the conductivity and such.

Hmm..? Hopefully it dont make much of a difference? I guess Ill find out here in the nex week or so when I get finishd installn!!! Thanks tho

Rebuild in progress...

Alright so im trying to solder my ring terminals onto my wire. i had the torch on the ring terminal til it got hot and when i touched the solder wire to the terminal, the wire didnt really melt like i have seen it done before. my question is, is the solder wire supposed to melt down the terminal into the power wire or is the fuse between the solder and wire made just on top? and is there a technique i should use? the way i did it was i had the torch behind the terminal. help please! thanks

and the solder i am using is oatey solder wire.

edit: grammar

i usually try to heat up the end of the ring terminal, where the hole through it is, to stay as far away from the wire coating as possible. just a suggestion, and what helps me. good luck.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

I have some 60/40 acid core solder...how would that stuff work?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived