Sundown Audio

Audiopipe FTW?(Real world clamp tests!)

Twistedchild420

yea seems numbers might be slightly inflated to me

wow those numbers are making me consider that thing for my new build, Im going to have 4 dual 4 ohm subs so I will have a 2 ohm load and I was thinking of just getting another aq1200 but those supposedly link for 2400rms@ 2 ohms... I wonder which is better

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

To be honest, we don't even know if they used True RMS DMMs. So we could be looking at peak output voltage. The power output seems too high... let me crunch the numbers...

2526 @ 4.2 ohms = 1263 @ 2.1 ohms per amp.

P=V^2/Z

2652 = V^2

V=51

51v @ output implies that with a true 2 ohm load the 2 amps would be doing around 5kw - and we all know those amps don't pull that kind of number...

If you divide it by 1.414 (RMS to Peak conversion) you get 1839w/amp which is probably a bit closer to the truth... IN FACT if you divide by 1.414 again you get right around 1300w/amp (non True RMS clamp meter) which is bang on what the factory test results claim.

So yeah. That's my input on that one.

this is what i have seen in several test ..i have seen done on these amps

well, if he got the ohm load down to around 2, and the volts up to about 14, i would say you would see almost 3500 rms,

It won't be doing anywhere near 3500w clamped watts @ 2ohm for reasons mentioned by Boon earlier.

To be honest, we don't even know if they used True RMS DMMs. So we could be looking at peak output voltage. The power output seems too high... let me crunch the numbers...

2526 @ 4.2 ohms = 1263 @ 2.1 ohms per amp.

P=V^2/Z

2652 = V^2

V=51

51v @ output implies that with a true 2 ohm load the 2 amps would be doing around 5kw - and we all know those amps don't pull that kind of number...

If you divide it by 1.414 (RMS to Peak conversion) you get 1839w/amp which is probably a bit closer to the truth... IN FACT if you divide by 1.414 again you get right around 1300w/amp (non True RMS clamp meter) which is bang on what the factory test results claim.

So yeah. That's my input on that one.

I agree 100%.. When I first saw the numbers they did seem a little too good to be true. If it really was doing 2500w @ around 4ohms a hell of a lot more legit competitors would be running these for the price vs power alone.

I'll see if I can find the numbers from when I tested one a little while back, but I'm pretty sure that it was around 1700w near 4ohms clamped.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived