Jump to content

Early 90's car choices for under $4k?


Recommended Posts

Posted
A typical retarded post from sam once again...why are you still on this forum? All you do is spam it....nothing ever helpful comes out of your mouth...

and to the crank walk pic... I rebuilt my 7bolt and its crank play was 1/20th of the allowed crank play....also my brother was running a stock 7bolt with a 54trim turbo on 22psi with all necessary supporting mods with 100k on the stock motor....guess what no crank walk...and that engine is now in another car.

Also if you weren't a complete idiot you would realize that the very first 1Gs came with 6bolts (WHICH IS WHAT I WAS SUGGESTING) which have no crank walk....later ones with 7bolts...yes it is a possibility but once you test drive it you know if it has crankwalk.

So please sam for the sake of this forum stfu...

DAYUMMMMMMM

you could get a vr4 for around this price if you're lucky.

Id be scared of how the previous owners treated it though.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted
Still no input n the 4.6 Ford motors?

footlong - Is that supposed to be a good thing or bad thing? lol

my f-150 has a 4.6 and it has no problem slingin the ass end around :)

otherwise i have no input.

gl.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted
A typical retarded post from sam once again...why are you still on this forum? All you do is spam it....nothing ever helpful comes out of your mouth...

and to the crank walk pic... I rebuilt my 7bolt and its crank play was 1/20th of the allowed crank play....also my brother was running a stock 7bolt with a 54trim turbo on 22psi with all necessary supporting mods with 100k on the stock motor....guess what no crank walk...and that engine is now in another car.

Also if you weren't a complete idiot you would realize that the very first 1Gs came with 6bolts (WHICH IS WHAT I WAS SUGGESTING) which have no crank walk....later ones with 7bolts...yes it is a possibility but once you test drive it you know if it has crankwalk.

So please sam for the sake of this forum stfu...

First, I've had 3 DSM's 4g63's ALL of which had major crank walk. Any right turn would shut the car off. It is a common problem for those cars, and the buyer should be aware.

Second, I don't know how you get off saying all I do is spam this forum. I've helped MANY people on here. It's not my deal that you get all butthurt over a motivational poster that is all over the internet. If you are so mechanically inclined, why don't you join an auto repiar, or racing forum since all you do is talk about how cars get you hot. 3/4 of your posts here on this CAR AUDIO forum are about enignes/street perfomance/racing.. Nobody fucking cares! If I wanted to hear about enignes/street perfomance/racing, I would join a enignes/street perfomance/racing forum. Get the point?

Please Will, for the sake OF this CAR AUDIO forum gtfo and get off my nuts.

EDIT: If you have something else to say, take it to PM.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Posted
First, I've had 3 DSM's 4g63's ALL of which had major crank walk. Any right turn would shut the car off. It is a common problem for those cars, and the buyer should be aware.

Second, I don't know how you get off saying all I do is spam this forum. I've helped MANY people on here. It's not my deal that you get all butthurt over a motivational poster that is all over the internet. If you are so mechanically inclined, why don't you join an auto repiar, or racing forum since all you do is talk about how cars get you hot. 3/4 of your posts here on this CAR AUDIO forum are about enignes/street perfomance/racing.. Nobody fucking cares! If I wanted to hear about enignes/street perfomance/racing, I would join a enignes/street perfomance/racing forum. Get the point?

Please Will, for the sake OF this CAR AUDIO forum gtfo and get off my nuts.

EDIT: If you have something else to say, take it to PM.

Actually I'm on a few DSM forums but since I don't own one anymore I don't care to read about them much.....and 3/4 of my posts are "go fast" related...please explain to me how that's true lol...

He asked a question and I simply told him they are good cars....

So sad you get all butthurt b/c all your DSMs had crankwalk :cray::sorry:

edit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

:lol:

Actually I'm quite mechanically inclined...Have rebuilt three cars in under a year also done motor swaps and all that...

But the reason I choose an LS1 is it will still retain good gas mileage (much better than carbed) and I like fuel injection better. Also I'm getting the truck for $750 with new paint and am getting the motor and tranny for $3k... Then I'm look at whatever it costs me for new rims and tires, radiator, motor mounts, and new suspension setup, etc...

The $4k is my budget for truck, motor, and tranny alone.

1G DSM (eclipse, talon, laser) and turbo's in most cases increase gas mileage if you can keep your foot off the throttle.
Also could be bad injectors with it miss firing and dropping cylinders....
04-06 GTO seats either the front or rear seats will work.... and they are comfy!
Just so you know thats an SRT10
DSM + big16g +headgasket + arp headstuds = instant 12sec car....
I was thinking about doing another DSM but I'm wanting some V8 power so that's why I'm going with an S10 with LS1 swap...
Yeah I owned one and my borther owns a built 6bolt one....capable of over 1000hp...

Nothing really best 4cyl to mod imo....parts are abundant lots of info....try and find one stock though previous mods are just asking for trouble...

This is my brother's built 6bolt swap I helped work on....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

edit: he is finally done breaking the new motor in....he gonna turn it up soon...hoping for some good number with his dinky 50trim....was gonna go gt42r but he wants to still be able to autocross it.

My vote goes with DSM....if you can find an relatively unmodded one...without cancer/strut tower rust.
1. Keep or find a better job...

2. Get my S10 reg cab/short bed ls1 swap done and into the low 12s high 11s by this time next year.

3. Don't wreck or blow it up.

4. Find me a good girl...

Edit: I don't own DSM's anymore because of the crank walk problem. In my experience, DSM's break ALOT. Not butthurt, just smarter than buying another DSM.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Posted
:lol:

Edit: I don't own DSM's anymore because of the crank walk problem. In my experience, DSM's break ALOT. Not butthurt, just smarter than buying another DSM.

to add to what sam is saying .... theres 5 or 6 car lots around here with dsms that have had 5 or 6 engines in them. the 4g63s i think is what theyre called?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted

If so tell me how changing seats in your pickup truck to cars seats involves performance? Also with the problem the OP was having it sounded like a misfiring problem....

I didn't make those threads I just tried to help the OP.....and the MAJORITY of those posts are from this thread.... and i I do recall we have a performance section on this forum so people don't have to go to other forums to find help although it would be better that they do.

Also your DSMs must have broken alot because you were too stupid to fix it right the first time..... Now hurry and go find all 3921 of my racing/performance posts please.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted
After all the dsm's i've heard about breaking i would never own one haha

93638850_7a6eaa511c.jpg

Subject any car to abuse and it going to fail eventually....and that appears to be a motor swpa that or it is being driven hard....which it obviously is hence the ACT clutch.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

Or you could find a decent 95-99 eclipse GS with a 420A motor and not worry about crankwalk. Then you could spend the rest on a system.

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6731 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...