well i got a question and ive yet to figure it out n the manufacturers website doesnt offer me this info at all so i ask this question

the sub box mtx recomends and has plans for thats ported, what freq is it tuned to? i was thinkin around 36-37htz but i unno, for some reason it sounds like shit with the mtx5500's in it but with the 8000's in it they wang like hell and put out some lows

why i ask this is im thinkin bout makein 2 of those boxs into one box for my truck to play around wit n see what i get befor i acually rebuild n make shit proper

the downfire i build is to there sealed specs but modded to work in my truck behind the seat

and heres a link to the pdf for the subs, i kno this aint the right box for the 8000's i got but i built it for my 5500's and they dont like that box but my 8000's loved it

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T5515-44.pdf

but then again, since the 8500 series replaced the 8000 series in the us should i use there box design for it? heres link to it?

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T8515-04.pdf

i want to build a ported box for these damn things but dnt kno what to do n dnt really want to waist wood

anyways tryin not to thread jack but needed this question answered n didn't want to make a bullshit topic post for one simple question as this

and i feel u on ppl askin what subs will wang in what car, every car has its on resonate freq and will get loud on certain notes but lack in certain places too, it takes yrs to learn shit n ive only been at this for 10yrs n i find out new shit everyday,

and jack i got a truck like urs here at home n if dad dont sell it i was gunna do a setup kinda like urs in it n was wondering how hard was it to mod that seat to work in that truck?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well i got a question and ive yet to figure it out n the manufacturers website doesnt offer me this info at all so i ask this question

the sub box mtx recomends and has plans for thats ported, what freq is it tuned to? i was thinkin around 36-37htz but i unno, for some reason it sounds like shit with the mtx5500's in it but with the 8000's in it they wang like hell and put out some lows

why i ask this is im thinkin bout makein 2 of those boxs into one box for my truck to play around wit n see what i get befor i acually rebuild n make shit proper

the downfire i build is to there sealed specs but modded to work in my truck behind the seat

and heres a link to the pdf for the subs, i kno this aint the right box for the 8000's i got but i built it for my 5500's and they dont like that box but my 8000's loved it

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T5515-44.pdf

but then again, since the 8500 series replaced the 8000 series in the us should i use there box design for it? heres link to it?

i want to build a ported box for these damn things but dnt kno what to do n dnt really want to waist wood

anyways tryin not to thread jack but needed this question answered n didn't want to make a bullshit topic post for one simple question as this

and i feel u on ppl askin what subs will wang in what car, every car has its on resonate freq and will get loud on certain notes but lack in certain places too, it takes yrs to learn shit n ive only been at this for 10yrs n i find out new shit everyday,

and jack i got a truck like urs here at home n if dad dont sell it i was gunna do a setup kinda like urs in it n was wondering how hard was it to mod that seat to work in that truck?

I'm sorry dude but I always see your posts and think

2005324096788238122_rs.jpg

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I try not to ask dumb sh*t questions but I'm sure I have anyway. Seriously though, I didn't join long ago at all and even I've noticed a difference...the forums are getting hammered with people NOT searching when there's already a huge wealth of knowledge on here.

You can make a whole system without posting a single new thread.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

the search on this site is horrid though. i never recomend that anyone use it. google will find threads on here though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what i ment was

how can u find the resonate frequency of a factory designed sub box if they dont put it out there n since my mtx 8000's were replaced with the newer 8500 line would it be cool to use the designed box for the 8500 series sub since they didn't have this type shit when my subs came out?

heres the pdf n i was wondering whats the ported box tuned to?

this sub replaced the ones i have now in the lineup

and here are the subs i have

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manua...subs/T8154A.pdf

they dont give me much to go by n i want to see what these subs can really do but not fuk em up in the process cause they dont make em anymore n i aint got the money to buy a new set of subs for a while

hope this clears it up better

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

im soo sick of seeing this shit too

"i just bought a BTL will it fit in my prefab box"

shit like that

every one see's meades videos and just jumps into shit buying something they have no clue how to set it up properly never mind using it to piss off a cop

as for tacomabanga1986

learn how to do the calculations and figure out the tuning for yourself.. learn something about what your doing dont just slap some pieces of wood together and wonder why it sounds like shit

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived