Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

Does a dark voice coil mean thats it worn or I was doing something wrong? or is that just normal wear and tear? its not like its PITCH BLACK but its not bright copper like when I first installed it.. I also NEVER ONCE smelled smoke even now if I smell the woofer, theres no burning smell or smokey smell I just don't know anymore I'm thinking I need a replacement... can clipping by 10v for like 2 days really cause this?

clipping for 15 minutes can cause it.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I used to have that same exact amp and had the same exact problems with it going in and out.. It eventually just stopped putting power out totally

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

i did reply to this, but i guess it got over looked LOL...

edit: and no, im not talking about what i said at the top of the page...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ok so how should I ago about this think Fi will cover it? I emailed their sales but no reply who should I contact directly, I think I'm within the terms agreement, the subs not blown but its unusable I think... I suppose I just won't run my new one until I get my 1605D Hifonics or the 2010 which will be this month will all new 0 gauge wire runs and rear yellow top deep cycle and big III what do you guys think?

I'm not angry it was an awesome subwoofer from my videos you can see it really did work... I just must have abused it too much before I came the forums and was properly told how to adjust my subwoofer, I think the damage is has been cause so now I need to think about replacement... I wish I could get pictures for you guys but my camera can't take it I think I'm doing it wrong I'm not photographer lol

ok so how should I ago about this think Fi will cover it? I emailed their sales but no reply who should I contact directly, I think I'm within the terms agreement, the subs not blown but its unusable I think... I suppose I just won't run my new one until I get my 1605D Hifonics or the 2010 which will be this month will all new 0 gauge wire runs and rear yellow top deep cycle and big III what do you guys think?

I'm not angry it was an awesome subwoofer from my videos you can see it really did work... I just must have abused it too much before I came the forums and was properly told how to adjust my subwoofer, I think the damage is has been cause so now I need to think about replacement... I wish I could get pictures for you guys but my camera can't take it I think I'm doing it wrong I'm not photographer lol

FI isn't dumb. They will see what you did when you send them yours so it is best to just say hey, I couldn't set my amp right and clipped it all to hell. Maybe they will work with you then.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So you're telling me they won't replace it?... I know I made a mestake, but I'm getting a new amplifier to properly power it next week and it's currently unusable I was straight forward with them and upfront in my email and I've been trying to contact them so we will see.

So you're telling me they won't replace it?... I know I made a mestake, but I'm getting a new amplifier to properly power it next week and it's currently unusable I was straight forward with them and upfront in my email and I've been trying to contact them so we will see.

I can't say what they will or won't do. What I said was be honest with them if you want them to work with you, they aren't dumb and if you lie about it they won't.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Wait till you get the new amp. Wire the new amp properly. Set your gains properly. Hook that sub up to the amp and see how it sounds.

You still havent ohm'd out the coils of the sub? Check them out. they both should read 1.0 or close to it. Dont worry about what the coil looks like just ohm out the coils.

Yeah I don't believe they cover clipping, I just sent an upfront email.. this just sucks after 2 weeks :-/ I mean I thought I gingered it, I suppose a new amplifier with proper power will be in order with new wiring :(

Archived