Sonic Electronix

no power at the end of the wire? wtf? help

this is a very simple fix dude lol. if you have no voltage drop right after the fuse, then its between there and the end obviously lol. take out the wire and inspect it.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Yank that section of wire back out, use your dmm to test for continuity from end to end. Chances are theres a break inside the wiring. Possibly a manufacturing defect.

I will pull it out tomorrow during the day time and check that out, sounds like quite the possibility.

You = smart lol

x2 on MXmike.. i've had wires snag before and i've giving it a lil to much of a pull (which i shouldnt have pulled as much as i did) and stretched the wire, pullin the wire apart, which i've done a shit ton on small wires such as 12g and act. had it melt dwn and stick to my carpet/interior, (not a fun mess to clean) which i use to do it when i would try and install quickly.. not the smartest thing to do

BIG STICK

2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5L v6 (Impound Status)

(New) Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D - Courtesy of Maxxonics

(2) Kenwood KAC-8402 Amps for mids & Highs (ok for now..)

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Head Unit

(4) 6.5" Soundstream Tarantula's

(2) 5.2" Soundstream Tarantula's

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

BX15 Soundstream Bass Booster

0g Streetwire

x2 on MXmike.. i've had wires snag before and i've giving it a lil to much of a pull (which i shouldnt have pulled as much as i did) and stretched the wire, pullin the wire apart, which i've done a shit ton on small wires such as 12g and act. had it melt dwn and stick to my carpet/interior, (not a fun mess to clean) which i use to do it when i would try and install quickly.. not the smartest thing to do

Not that it will happen again...but in the case you ever get that stuck in the carpet again put a damp towel on the carpet where the spot is and hit it with a hot iron....the plastic will stick to the towel. :clapping:

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

damn, wish i knew that then.. thanks for the tip tho

BIG STICK

2005 Chevy Malibu 3.5L v6 (Impound Status)

(New) Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010D - Courtesy of Maxxonics

(2) Kenwood KAC-8402 Amps for mids & Highs (ok for now..)

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Head Unit

(4) 6.5" Soundstream Tarantula's

(2) 5.2" Soundstream Tarantula's

(6) 1" Tweeters

(2) Fi BL 15"

BX15 Soundstream Bass Booster

0g Streetwire

What were you using as the ground when checking the voltage in the back? If you were just using a random bit of metal, try jamming the tip of your DMM probe into it to make sure you're not hitting paint/clearcoat/glue or anything along those lines. If you were using the amp's ground wire, check the ground.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Sorry guys I gotta wonder if he hooked the wire up backwards. We all know current flows one direction in power. So the wire has to face the proper way.

L8 night sarcasm

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton