Got/making some new busbars

Wasn't sure what forum to post in since this isn't a question, but I'm excited and it's electrical oriented.

I wanted post up some pics of the new busbars I'm working on. Got them made for free, just need to drill and thread them myself.

2 are for fuse holders, 2 are distro blocks for the top of 1 D3100.

Copper_2.jpg

Copper_6.jpg

Copper_5.jpg

Copper_7.jpg

Copper_8.jpg

Compared to the aluminum temporary busbars I made:

Copper_3.jpg

Copper_4.jpg

I think the measurements are 2 bars 3/4" thick x 1.5" wide x 1 foot, the other blocks are 1/2 inch x 3 inches wide x 6.75 inches.

I'll be drilling them out tomorrow hopefully, I just have to get pics of my Ghetto homemade drill press.

Also big thanks with the group buy, got my S3400 today.

2.jpg

3.jpg

New from the box:

4.jpg

After 2 hours on a 2a trickle:

5.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Pretty pimp... I always wanted to make my own Buss Bars and PDBs...

I can not beleive that no one makes PDBs with 2-4 0Ga inputs and 2-4-6 or 8 0-4 Ga outputs....

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

Yep, just put the aluminum on top of the copper for a better picture, the aluminum will probably go in the trash unless another forum member wants them.

I'll probably use a light coat of dielectric grease or something to help prevent corrosion, once it's in place it wont get touched for a long time hopefully. I'll clean as needed, but I've had chunks of copper sitting around for months/years that didn't look bad.

Pics in just a bit once uploaded.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

where did you get the copper.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Friend of a friend got me the hook up. It just takes a little while to get things in, but for free it's worth the money to wait.

Anyway, a bit of work today, was pretty busy with other stuff and I realized I need a new tap.

After charging all night, then sitting about 12 hours off charge.

6.jpg

GOD I hate moving 3100s lol. It's nice to have a 3100 under the hood, but it rubs the radiator hose and just makes things a bit too cramped for my liking. Big length difference, and the 3100 sits really close to the hood.

7.jpg

8.jpg

My ghetto drill press! It's an old ass "drill press" that it just a spring loaded stand you can fasten a drill into. It took so long to get set up straight I didn't have time to drill more than 1 hole lol.

Copper_9.jpg

Copper_10.jpg

Drilled for battery terminal. I graphed my layout on graph paper first

Copper_12.jpg

Copper_11.jpg

Copper_13.jpg

May not be a great drill press, but it seems to get the job done- tested it and it fits perfect

Copper_14.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be drilling these wide bars and threading them. I should get things wired up to them and pull out the old aluminum.

Honestly if someone wants the really thick bars I'd love to trade (priced them online around $100 each) for some 1"x1"x1' bars. I think they were <$40 each. If no one is interested I'll just order some.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3