Second Skin Audio

Fi BTL help

no bass boost or subsonic on amp, but subsonic is internally set at 28hz. Low pass is all the way down. Could the setting called intelli-q be the bass boost?

You are correct sir. Your intelli-q is your bass boost. The issue you have having is clipping. The muiltimeter will tell you nothing about clipping, you will need a o-scope to make sure you are not clipping. What are your intelli-q and settings on you hu? You issue from the information you provided seems to be with clipping. As others have stated, turn down the gain on your amp to solve this issue. If it's not loud enough for you then thing in purchasing another sub.

sensai

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

You are correct sir. Your intelli-q is your bass boost. The issue you have having is clipping. The muiltimeter will tell you nothing about clipping, you will need a o-scope to make sure you are not clipping. What are your intelli-q and settings on you hu? You issue from the information you provided seems to be with clipping. As others have stated, turn down the gain on your amp to solve this issue. If it's not loud enough for you then thing in purchasing another sub.

sensai

Thank you for the info. Intelli-q is down all the way and settings on hu are sub +15,bass -4, treble 0, mid 0.

50 volts @ 0.5 ohm. Hmmm. . . 50^2/.5 = 5000

If they amp actually does 5000 watts the sub is going to get hot and start smelling after 1 minute. . .Forget how everything is set, blah, blah, blah.

If it won't do 5000 watts RMS, then you have the gain set wrong, and you are going to kill the sub and the amp.

Giving the sub too much power, and it is getting hot. . .

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

no bass boost or subsonic on amp, but subsonic is internally set at 28hz. Low pass is all the way down. Could the setting called intelli-q be the bass boost?

on the HCCA 2400 at our shop, the HPF is the subsonic. You say the low pass is all the way down. IF the subsonic is internally set at 28hz, and the lpf is all the way down(amp i am looking at goes down to 30 hz) you should only be playing 28, 29, and 30 hz, correct? Try setting the low pass around 80-100 hz.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

50 volts @ 0.5 ohm. Hmmm. . . 50^2/.5 = 5000

If they amp actually does 5000 watts the sub is going to get hot and start smelling after 1 minute. . .Forget how everything is set, blah, blah, blah.

If it won't do 5000 watts RMS, then you have the gain set wrong, and you are going to kill the sub and the amp.

Giving the sub too much power, and it is getting hot. . .

on the 09 model hcca amps, the power is rated at max not rms. I am not sure about the brand new amps.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.