you wouldnt happen to be the guy on youtube with 2 ss xxx sub?

But for the lows, youll need a good box. Ive had a box that was 2 cubes tuned to 22hz for a single 15 and it did incredible on lows, even got a 140.1 at 25hz. and it only had 25 sq in of port.

after that ive stuck with a 30 hz tune and it will gets just as low for most music, since not much music plays so low. and ive got tons of c&s stuff. and im still in the 140 range at 22 ~ 25hz range.

for port area, ive heard that the smaller port area will allow the box to play farther under tuning before the sub unloads like crazy.

i have a 40 sqin port on a 3.25 box for my 15 now tuned to 30 hz, the subsonic filter isnt even one and i havent had problems below tuning, and its being power with 3kw.

but a bigger port will need to be a decent size to keep the speed of air going through it down.(which makes noise)

id alot have a pretty good flare at the end of the port to keep noise down.

the 15 I use is an audiopulse axis,

and along with the guy that reccommended the mojos,

I used 2 mojo 12's myself, and i had them in a box tuned to 35hz and it did so much better than i thought it would on the lows. but if i did it again i would tune it even lower, just because i like them super lows too.

a sub with a good xmax will help too.

While the box plays the deciding factor on how low the setup will play there are some subs that are notorious for playing low in the proper enclosures. As long as you have a large enough box for it to build pressure behind the woofer and force it out a small port it will play lows and move a lot more air then if the box had more port area. You can't do a small box with a small port and expect it to work great and move tons of air. The reason is there is not enough room behind the woofer for the back wave to peak when exiting the box.

It's a little like this. Have you ever been playing your system with the windows up and it's loud, then you roll a window down or open the sunroof and it gets louder and/or plays lower? What that does is eliminates the standing wave inside the vehicle and allows the wave to peak closer to the inside of the vehicle making it louder. If you tune too low in a small vehicle the wave doesn't have time to build up inside the vehicle because it's wave length is too long. So by opening the vehicle up you are increasing the volume of the cabin to the outside and the vehicle gets louder since it actually lets the wave length build more spl before it gets to you.

Some subs that are great for lows because of their low Fs (fs is the frequency at which the woofer naturall resonates) are the Soundstream XXX, Re XXX, Re MX, TC Sounds 2000, TC Sounds 3000, TC Sounds 5200, Audio Pulse LMS Ultra, Audio Pulse Axis, Audio Pulse Revo, Orion HCCA, Adire Audio Brahma, MTX 9500, Eclipse Ti, Sound Splinter Rl-i, Sound Splinter Rl-p, *** junk, and the list goes on. The size of the cone will naturally help quite a bit ie 18's have a lower fs than the 15 of the same model and so on. I'm not saying that a 10" or even 8" sub can not play low at all, it's just quite a bit easier to achieve that goal with more cone area.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Bass Mekaniks and bass from the Krypt

I'm glad you read any part of the thread before just randomly posting a song....obviously if you read any of it you would realize he isn't looking for low songs.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Don't know for the others, but 2 junk in a low tuned box(29-30 Hz), with enough ft3 for the subs, will hit the low notes so well !!! Without loosing anything (output, accuracy).

Give them 3000-3500 watts and your car will pound like it never did !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived