Sonic Electronix

Running a Jensen Phase Linear UV10 head unit with factory speakers. Any volume above 27, the interior speakers cut off

when what seems to be the head unit gets to hot. I'm thinking that i have a blown speaker or hopefully there's an easy

fix for it. If you need to know anything else just ask as i'd like a cheap or easy fix. Thanks for any help!!

Regards,

r00kHo1.jpg

test the speakers by putting a 9v batter on their terminals.. if the cone moves easily and without a lot of scratchy noise they're probably fine.

Volume levels fading or cutting out due to heat (or voltage drop) is nothing new for head units... my Pioneer does fades but doesnt cut out.

Wish the manufacturers would put better heatsinks on them.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

test the speakers by putting a 9v batter on their terminals.. if the cone moves easily and without a lot of scratchy noise they're probably fine.

Volume levels fading or cutting out due to heat (or voltage drop) is nothing new for head units... my Pioneer does fades but doesnt cut out.

Wish the manufacturers would put better heatsinks on them.

Mine cuts off all together until i turn it back down then it comes back in on certain hard beats. I've read elsewhere it could be an ohm

issue but wanted to see what answers i could get here.

r00kHo1.jpg

what is the impedance on the factory speakers?

Some premium systems could have low impedance, too low for the headunit to run properly on them.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

what is the impedance on the factory speakers?

Some premium systems could have low impedance, too low for the headunit to run properly on them.

All my interior speakers are factory... other then the head unit, amp and 15's of course.

r00kHo1.jpg

What do your settings on the radio look like(bass, treble, etc)... those jensens aren't the best of quality and have alot of problems...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

My guess is that wires are touching together or the wires are touching the bare metal on the car check your connections to make sure there secure.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.