Sundown Audio

has anyone seen aq new beast amp

scfaust

so what you think this amp is going to be all quality parts...they're just selling this for a good price? i cant believe it for a price like that and if it truely is 10000w

Your not very familiar with audioque are you? That is what the company is about. Selling quality audio products that everyone can afford. Also if you talk to DJ he will be the first to tell you he is not an amp guy. He has told me before that all their amps are from overseas. It keeps cost down and unlike some other companies he actually passes the savings down to the consumer.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

american companies are greedy a-holes and would rather fatten their pocket then give a reasonable price... thats the problem

smart companies outsource to stay competitive... so lets think, how many fully american made amps are there... practically none

i feel no remorse for idiotic politics in america leading to outsourcing, its our fault

im pretty sure he said its similar to other standard designs of that size but has different parts, how does the turn into Audioque creating the design itself

reading > you

what certifies you to make that judgment, can u even name any parts used just by the picture that werent mentioned yet, im guessing no

and since ur new, reread what u write before you post it, bdd isnt a word, lol

we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk << :rofl:

would this qualify?? because obviously if left open for interpretation it would be just like every other manufacturers response that is off shoring and importing this crap.

need to take a poll?

Audioque

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssackett

That would be sweet. Is this something you have already played with or something you would like to build?

Been working on the amps over a year, well into the testing stages now.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

would this qualify?? because obviously if left open for interpretation it would be just like every other manufacturers response that is off shoring and importing this crap.

need to take a poll?

wtf are you getting at, i dont even understand ur question, lol

bro i understand the frustration but its reality, its a global market and this is what happens and will happen from now on

just because its american doesnt mean a thing anymore

its just like my music... i dont care who the artist is if the song is good... this goes for audio equipment too... few of us care where it comes from, its about performance. and if korean, chinese, extraterrestrial made amps are just as good but cheaper they will get the business

i love how US amps has nothing to do with usa, that always makes me laugh

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

First of all its DD came out with the DDLV and HV before the design got bought by American Bass,Cactus, ETC hence the main reason why DD dropped the amp and beefed it up and decided to market it for Audioque to sell it at a lower price point than the other companies do. And NO it is not a Zenon board.

American Bass did not buy anything from DD

Were talking american bass here, no designs were bought... do you know bob?

it is just Karma that is all... all these manufacturers that went overseas to save a dime, got rid of "real" r&d, designers, and engineers... now have to pay the consequences of having their crap which that was designed by some Asian company whored out...

I love it

I dont think he knows Bob, I know the story behind the build houses and their start. But this is what audio has turned into. The cost of the raw materials is cheaper overseas and the work is done cheaper. Its really a no brainer. But it depends how much QC is actually done

American Bass*DC Power

it is just Karma that is all... all these manufacturers that went overseas to save a dime, got rid of "real" r&d, designers, and engineers... now have to pay the consequences of having their crap which that was designed by some Asian company whored out...

You know why these companies had to go overseas because people over here became to damn cheap and didn't buy the quality stuff anymore. When you have people bitching about amps that cost less than 50cents a watt what else can the companies do. Back when companies like Linear Power were American made you paid $1.50 plus per watt. Its not the companies fault it is the fault of the consumers

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

You know why these companies had to go overseas because people over here became to damn cheap and didn't buy the quality stuff anymore. When you have people bitching about amps that cost less than 50cents a watt what else can the companies do. Back when companies like Linear Power were American made you paid $1.50 plus per watt. Its not the companies fault it is the fault of the consumers

a couple of comments.

People were paying $2+/watt with Phoenix Gold and there was no issues, I am using PG as an example as it was always flying off the shelf, in demand, made in the USA, and when properly installed never boomeranged back for issues

Further it was marketed in house as the holy grail, something you strived for. PG even marketed themselves somewhat like that.

But what happens is when a hobbyist, which most manufacturers are, start following the leads of other hobbyist, and no nothing about business or marketing, you will have what you have today. imported junk

you had pyramid, legacy, power acoustik, stuff back in the day that was sold if they couldn't afford the holy grail, but they always came back to upgrade to better quality, now everyone (consumers) thinks they deserve it right of the gate and for nothing... or for pyramid pricing, even though they do not understand what the difference is between the two, which was up to the dealer to educate

then we have the dealers or dealer base, and this is in reference to 99% of them, they are hobbyist, who did a few installs and the next thing they think they can open their own company and be successful, I know this first hand as I was enticed with that thought from many pro athletes and did just that. my business skills sucked and I was way over my head the first week. I stuck it out and marketed the company to where I am at today. but I knew nothing on running a business, nor asked... well what i am trying to say before the tangent, was that look at 99% of the shops out there, strip malls, old gas stations, abandoned huts... WTF is that going to do to promote an image for that company, the products they bring in, the crew that works there, and what type of client base are they missing out on...???

then 1/2 the people doing the work,, did it for their buddies in the back yard which constitutes them being pros because the vehicle did not burn down the first week.

so between manufacturers off shoring, cutting staff such as engineers, not being businessman, nor having the balls to step up to the plate, a defunct governing body (CEA) bullshiet standards of qualified personnel (MECP) or lack of qualified personnel, shiet hole shops... you have what you have today... a bunch of crap being designed and built overseas, many of the same gear just a different badge... is that really R&D... because let me tell you how that really works if that is R&D... start with googling Chinese amplifier manufacturers, send an email, they will send samples, you place name on box... order 100 and you are in...

So who wants to start an amp company? everything will already done for you, you can be up and running in less than 3 months, all you need is a garage to house the gear in as it already comes with box, packaging, the unit, chinglish instructions....

sorry for the rant, I just think it is BS, the whole industry in general... I am glad I do what I do, the equipment I play with, the client base, and the work environment

if anyone took offense to my comments, they weren't singled out to any one person or company in particular, but if you did, maybe I am getting better at communicating my thoughts and am somewhere near a touchy subject that few people realize.

Maybe it is my duty to say something or call BS as unpopular as it is, but I am not a follower nor do I conform to "it is the way it is" type mentality

Since, there is no quality companies in the USA manufacturing amps and speakers anymore that will be around for many years to come, I import from Italy :)

at least they are NATO friendly and committed troops when we needed them... :rolleyes: LOL but true in a way...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

If some guy in China is prepared to do exactly the same job as someone in the states for 1/4 the cost you would be mad NOT to outsource. Both are university educated, they produce the same quality end product, but the chinese fella is happy to work for a quarter of the price. If you want to compete with that, you have to offer something more, which just didn't happen. Made in USA isn't enough to justify an item costing 4x as much any more.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If some guy in China is prepared to do exactly the same job as someone in the states for 1/4 the cost you would be mad NOT to outsource. Both are university educated, they produce the same quality end product, but the chinese fella is happy to work for a quarter of the price. If you want to compete with that, you have to offer something more, which just didn't happen. Made in USA isn't enough to justify an item costing 4x as much any more.

To me it does....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

To me it does....

I dont believe that. Say you go in to buy a tv. Theres 2 at walmart that are EXACTLY the same, one for 500$ and one for 2000$. The only difference is one says made in the USA.

Now which one are you gonna buy? Dont lie. We'd all take the $500 and you know it.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Archived