6kW, two 18s in a blazer

overkill much

To the OP, man who cares about that ^ Shit looks good :clapping:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

overkill much

there is no such thing as overkill do it to it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Overkill? What's that? ;)

And yes this is all for 6kW, believe me having a strong box is one of the most basic building blocks of a good system, from what I've learned. Or maybe I'm just inspired by Hank (lade2000) and eric alexander and steve mick and alpine and many others I wish I can one day aspire to.

I'm learning a lot as I go, and still trying to figure out my exact goals with this system. I love learning, above all.

Right now I use a makeitlouder mic to measure SPL and from the reviews of people who compare it with a TL, it tends to consistently read a dB or 2 lower so I don't have official scores but I definitely cannot afford a TL system either. I might post some numbers though, but just for entertainment purposes.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Exactly. I think everybody's a lil' jealous because hardly anybody has the luxury of being able to fabricate steel like that easily. It looks awesome!

Those steel braces are strong (at the corners) and I like the way you use your impedance curves to model changes. Keep in mind, however, that just blocking the port will not change the overall volume of air inside the port. Have you figured out how to make your port longer or shorter and THEN model the impedance? Also, if you figure out how to tie your steel braces together in the middle, it will make your whole box extremely solid.

I have started to connect the steel beams together internally this past weekend but I still need to download those pictures from my camera.

I used 1/2" threaded rod to bolt to the steel on either side of the box, sandwiching the MDF and steel between large washers in the process. I braced front to back and top to bottom, as well as bracing the port wall.

It definitely made the enclosure MUCH more solid, there is almost no box vibration or flex at any frequency with any power (so far) and I measured almost a 1dB gain across the board from doing so.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

And this folks is how a enclosure should be made. And to the overkill statement you obviously have never ran over 3000watts. One you start getting some serious power to subs, shit starts breaking. 6000 watts is quite a lot of power. But to the OP nice job would love to see some TL numbers but that make it louder meter is fairly accurate. My teammate has one and its .6db quieter compared to our Term-Lab.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

i've been wanting to get a welder for a while now. just to play around a little with it. not sure how easy or hard it'd be, but doesnt *look* too tough to do. but i'm definitely am liking this approach.

and imo there's no such thing as overkill

Archived