Sundown Audio

Inside Pics Of Rockford Fosgate T40001bd?

protegeboom

maybe its just me but it sounds like your a hater.... Amps dont just blow for no reason and if they do the company fixes it like they are doing now. If you were so concerned about fosgate having bad refurbs then why did you buy one in the first place? I think you wanted cheap power like the crap brands youve been stating and probably wired it to a low ohm load or something and fucked it up your damn self.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i have used rf for almost 10 years and never had any problems with the new or old school amps. So i dont know what happened.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Calm down emperorjj1, the guy is just upset that his amp blew up. At any rate I do not think he he spent a cheap price for the amp. The T40001BD is big money. I was looking at buying one of those Refurb jobs but I did not like the no birth sheet and 90 warranty thing so i went brand new and spent the xtra 500.

I have had bad experiences with refurb amps as well.

How did you hook up the amp?

Did you really own 6 Rockford Fosgate power amps?

I think you wanted cheap power like the crap brands youve been stating and probably wired it to a low ohm load or something and fucked it up your damn self.

vfl 200.1s is one of the amps he listed, and by any means it is not a crap brand with cheap power. Id put that amp against a ti40001bd any day of the week..

Im not sure what the specs are on it, but I know it will produce 3000x1 @ 13.8v, and it uses the same bored as my amp and are pretty much idenical amps and my amp will push 4500x1 @ 16.5v. And this is at 1 ohm, not to mention that these amps will handle .5 ohm daily if you got the power to back it.

vfl 200.1s is one of the amps he listed, and by any means it is not a crap brand with cheap power. Id put that amp against a ti40001bd any day of the week..

Im not sure what the specs are on it, but I know it will produce 3000x1 @ 13.8v, and it uses the same bored as my amp and are pretty much idenical amps and my amp will push 4500x1 @ 16.5v. And this is at 1 ohm, not to mention that these amps will handle .5 ohm daily if you got the power to back it.

first I wouldnt dare compare AB to RF, AB customer service suxz balls, the build quality of the VFL's are not that great, they do make mad power @ 16v's, I have seen them go into protect @ .5 daily, I seen em go into protect mode @ .7ohms daily, I seen em go poof @ 14.4v's @ .5ohms burping, they are not as efficiant(sp) as some people make em out to be. good amp? decent for the money.

Hmmm be like steve? I know for a fact his were all brand new.

I can tell u this I have bought about 20 items from HDA.

Some arrive missing small parts or damaged.

I can agree with you on the shipping cause you have to pay for a mistake that arrived that way.

I had to ship a 15" TRF back at my cost as well as a T4000. It sucks.

However they atleast do take care of it. Most places ain't paying that shipping back.

That being said all the amps I have recieved were never DOA or a lemon and trust me I push them to their limits!

I've bought many things from HDA myself (24 misc. items) and never had a single problem. The pair of T1Ks I'm running now are both refurbs and are both in mint condition. They arrived in perfect working order without even a scratch on them. Several of those items were refurbed amps and all have been in perfect working order with nothing more than surface scratches indicating that they were used at all. I will gladly continue to spend my money with them on refurbed products since they are all rebuilt by the same people at RF who build the brand new ones so IMO they're just as good.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

first I wouldnt dare compare AB to RF, AB customer service suxz balls, the build quality of the VFL's are not that great, they do make mad power @ 16v's, I have seen them go into protect @ .5 daily, I seen em go into protect mode @ .7ohms daily, I seen em go poof @ 14.4v's @ .5ohms burping, they are not as efficiant(sp) as some people make em out to be. good amp? decent for the money.

Like i said, they have the same board as a spl dynamics, and I can push my amp hard and long at .5 with no probloms. The amps are power hungry and you will fry a few mosfets if you dont have the electrical to back them. The specs I posted are for my amp and not a ab, but I think they should be some what similar.

Do not bother to buy refurbished from Rockford Fosgate, do not buy refurbished period.

My T40001bd blew up after TWO DAYS 2ohms on kicker l7's..

I t literally blew up. smoke and all. Remeber 2ohms with adequate power. Quality control my asssss! It was sounded like dodoo from day one. any way. I kept buying Rockford cuz of power but not getting the big pic.

My American VFL 200.1 and Autotek MM4000.1D sounded way better. I now understand the difference between power

and sound quality. Rockford has cannot keep up when it comes to SQ. This is my 6th power amp from Rockford

and will problably be the last. They all sound like they dodoo. Lot's of power but no SQ. Just wont work for me

I guess its back to Maxxonics.

if i was a crack smoker, i would say, please pass me the pipe. I dont do that so you go ahead and hit that shit yourself.

I dont doubt your refurbished amp blew up, shit happens, but your other statements are baseless and i have had the exact opposite results. Mine sound great. Best sounding amps i ever purchased. Then again, i have a complete system and i dont base my "SQ" on the woofers alone. The amount of time i spent on the mids/highs, and how it mixes with the low end, has made the SQ of my system better not just changing amps out.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

HDA is ran by one person here at Rockford and she does a pretty good job at it!

Like with any kind of warranty shipping back to the manufacturer is the responsibility of the consumer - but once we get it - IT'S ON! ;)

Normal repair time is 2-5 days and then we ship back UPS ground - so for an amp to be gone 3 weeks for repair is way outta the range I just listed.

If anyone has any questions/problems with the warranty process feel free to PM me or email me as I have no trouble in helping my fellow RF Fanatics out!

Archived