>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?

>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What high amperage alternator company do you prefer?

• Iraggi Alternator
    • DC Power
    • Mech Man
    • XS Power
    • Excessive Amperage
    • Ohio Generator
    • Stinger

This poll is closed to new votes

Power Master - XS Power is who I voted for. Great customer service, great products and Scottie is the man! It's also nice to got to shows like SBN and get to talk to Scottie face to face. I would use them this time but the unfortunately don't make an alt for my truck.

Iraggi. I had a couple of alts from him before and liked them. All my stuff was quick and on time. But I didnt like the little to no communication.

Mech Man. Got one alt from him. Had some technical difficulties, but it was all taken care of.

DC Power. After reading a thread on here, I'm not a fan of waiting months for an alt.

Two years ago I would have said Ohio generator... But the way they jerked me around about getting the casing switched on my alt I will never deal with them again.

DC Power... I tried getting two quotes from them and never heard anything back.

Mechman... Top notch guys... I ordered my alt I'm useing now from them and my boys 65 caddy alt from them. They are quick to answer phone calls and offer free testing of alts...

Iraggi... A few years back I would have never recomended Dom... With the comeback he's had in the last six months I truthfully consider him the most knowledgable person on this board when it comes to electrical systems. And looking at all the alt setups he's engineered and built he's got my fucking vote. One of my very close friends was looking for an alt and Dom was who I suggested. I will be putting it in next month for him. And a couple local guys have iraggi alts and have had zero problems.

With that being said mechman or iraggi get my business.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

This is coming from a first time buyer and price point perspective

Iraggi Alternator-Price was on point for what i was looking for, but when i requested a price thinking i may get a better deal the price was higher than buying it online.BIG turn off.

Either just didnt want my business or tryning to think he could take advantage of me (no homo).

DC Power- Best deal over all in my price range, Rob took time to cover everything with me i needed to know.

Mech Man- Quoted me a extremely high price, could have bought almost 2 alts from another named company and said my check engine light would stay on after installing their product.

XS Power- Had a dealer friend check into it for me and at cost it was high

Excessive Amperage- Offered me a nice deal, unit was a little smaller than what i wanted but if i only had $xxx.00 to spend they would have been my choice

Ohio Generator- Was high, at the dealer cost i was offered was high, kinda like beefy stock alt not a h/o alt

Stinger - Did not even know they still made them, never heard anything good tho

American Bass*DC Power

I only have experience from two companies personally which are dc power and excessive amperage. After dealing with rob on the phone and my multiple questions I couldn't be more pleased and he's a great guy. Excessive on the otherhand was a pita from the beginning and would never dealwith again. (was for a friends system) they couldn't answer the damn phone and sent out a alternater that didn't fit even close with a bracket even. Irragi I called multiple times during a course of a week never answered my calls but did get a call back after I had my dc alt in for a month haha... Dc ftw

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I was one of the people who voted and didn't post why I voted for who I did. These are the companies I have experience with:

Excessive Amperage - I own one of their 300a alts, I originally had it built for my 03 Accord and looking back I got ripped. It did not even fit my vehicle. So I took it to a shop and they built me custom brackets which worked but it cost even more money, then the voltage regulator died and I had them replace it because he never returned any of my calls/messages. Finally I sold the car about 6 months ago and got a different vehicle, I had one of Nate's cards so I decided to give him a call and see what he could do for me, I bet I called and left him a message everyday for a week and probably 20 times that month. Finally I emailed him saying that I was disappointed and he got back to me via email within minutes. Although his phone communication was nonexistent, his email communication was excellent, I would email him after midnight and he would email back within minutes which is awesome. Finally he we worked out that I would pay for a new bracket to fit the different vehicle and he would cover the rest; new windings, brushes, pulley, and voltage regulator. He did all this and got my alt back to me in about a week and it has worked decently from that point. It did fit right this time and it does output 14.8 volts at idle so I can't complain about that. I just got a Fluke 337 clamp and with my 3kw max (SAZ-1500D and SAX100.4) I'm only drawing 100amps max right now. I have voltage drop already but its not terrible. I have a SAZ-3500D sitting here and that will be going in with the new subs soon, we will see how this alt does with 5kw. I may need a alt from one of the two guys below.

DC Power - I have not personally owned a alt from them but have referred a few friends to them and they have hooked my buddies up real good. I did send Kyle a PM a while back about a price inquiry and he never replied. But now I have their number so I will just call there when I need prices. I have heard great things about them. Never really heard much bad.

Iraggi - I sent Dom emails inquiring about a alt about a year ago and he was pretty quick to reply and gave me decent price quotes, EA beat him but I'm sure his alts would have been far superior and worth the extra $$. Now in retrospect I wish I would have bought from him in the first place.

DC Power took my vote because I've never seen bad feedback on their stuff, they have treated my buddies good (great cs), and they have usually higher output than they even say they should put out (rated conservatively). It was defiantly a tough decision between DC and Iraggi. Still not sure which I'd choose now, having not had personal experience with either of them, it would probably depend on who has a better cost-to-performance ratio when I'm in the market for the new alt(s). If the prices were close to the same it would then depend on who had better customer service. Hope this helps.

Alright, check it out, I suck at pics and vids. You really want this sale, do some self research and let the customer know what you find.

Wow, that's a great attitude.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived