>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?

>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What high amperage alternator company do you prefer?

• Iraggi Alternator
    • DC Power
    • Mech Man
    • XS Power
    • Excessive Amperage
    • Ohio Generator
    • Stinger

This poll is closed to new votes

Mechman.

Good customer service, fast shipping, and builds some nice alts.

Irragi shouldn't be the favorited. Never owned an alt by them, but have heard MANY horror stories and a lot of peeople telling not to buy them.

I would secondly go with DC Power. Seem like VERY strong alts and put up great stats.

Why shouldn't Irragi be favored. Great prices, Great customer service, Great alternators all around.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i voted iraggi, ive had great customer service. Dom has answered all of my noob questions. and so far my pulleys that i ordered are working perfectly. soon ill be getting an alt from Dom as well. other companies Ive tried i wasn't even able to get a straight answer , if one at all.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

yea i voted iraggi, ive had great customer service. Dom has answered all of my noob questions. and so far my pulleys that i ordered are working perfectly. soon ill be getting an alt from Dom as well. other companies Ive tried i wasn't even able to get a straight answer , if one at all.

You got any pics of those awesome pulleys I personally machined? :) They are an adjustable O.D. too. what diameter did you go with?

I prefer DC Power, but moslty for a good combo of good product and his CS with me has always been top notch. Just because I deal with Rob, doesn't mean I won't shop around. Although that red and black alt you did was very sexy :)

The first 3 listed (yes you Dom) are the only one I would consider. BTW, fack, I forgot to get those license plates out to you!! I'm bad haha.

LOL.. No prob on the plates. Ill wait. ;)

I believe DCP was prepared, just not the people they get parts from. He does SOOO much more than CA..CA from what I guess is secondary to how many alts they put out each year.

But yea people are afraid to speak their minds. You dont have to be a dick about it, but speak up a little w/o bashing and arguing..things like this are beneficial for you as a customer.

Exactly..... Not trying to start a bashing thread.. Just an informative thread.

You got any pics of those awesome pulleys I personally machined? :) They are an adjustable O.D. too. what diameter did you go with?

haha i can get some pictures tomorrow they look great. idk the diameter exactly, i put three shims in between each pulley. after i put the pulleys on, my voltage at idle is 14 plus so thats great.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

I guess my first question would be is,

Why?

Seams to be tough to have a poll about product when 99% of people would only have experience with one company. And with that, I would see this poll as a popularity contest. Most opinions will be based on two things:

Weather they were treated good or not and they were taken care of by a said company or not

OR

What they have heard about a company from others.

I can give my opinion about all these companies including yours based off what I have seen over the years.

And I can give my only true experience in the one company I have used, But I can't honestly compare the two in a true apples to apples

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Why?

Seams to be tough to have a poll about product when 99% of people would only have experience with one company. And with that, I would see this poll as a popularity contest. Most opinions will be based on two things:

Weather they were treated good or not and they were taken care of by a said company or not

OR

I can give my opinion about all these companies including yours based off what I have seen over the years.

And I can give my only true experience in the one company I have used, But I can't honestly compare the two in a true apples to apples

You make a very good point here. In a way I guess it is bias to the company you use.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

to clarify im not bashing DC you gotta admit they blew up fast.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Why?

OR

Before you buy your first alternator you have no personal experience yet you choose a company based off something. That is part of the question Im asking.

Archived