I'm a truck guy. IMHO, The big 3 make the best work trucks(ie ford F-series hd , GM 1500-4500hd series, Dodge big trucks). Idk how many honda or toyota trucks are out there working on the pipeline or pulling the hoarse trailer that is packed full of shit. Hell, even pulling the loudest extreme cars that are in db drag.

\

To me, it all comes down to how the owner drives the car. Import or domestic, you have to drive them right and maintain them right.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

all i drive is american cars... they have less problems than my friends imports...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

In my opinion the best thing GM has come out with in about 30 years is the 60 degree V6 (2.8,3.1,3.3,3.4, & 3.5 [5 cylinder found in newer Colorado's and Canyon's]). I have seen many of those motors with 300,000+ miles on them.

the Colorado got shitty write ups though lol. Dunno what they said about the engine...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I have an 05 elantra that is my daily driver (back up bitches its a GT)

and I have a 98 silverado that is my play toy hauler.

american trucks are some of my favorite cars although the new tundra is mmmmmmm

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

his thread claimed that American cars are more reliable than imports. that is false. its not personal preference, its cold hard facts. end of story

Where do you get these so called "facts?" Because you previously posted a link to the consumer reports website so thats where I think you have got them. So allow me to educate you a little if I may. Consumer Reports is a magazine, a magazine in which they buy and test products in an effort to write a review about them. And like every person in the world, they make mistakes. Why do they make mistakes? Because they are simply human people doing the tests. Not a warehouse of fully robotic test subjects who never make a mistake or generate an opinion for themselves.

You are basically taking the opinion and findings of a certain group of people and labeling them as "facts." I understand that they have a very huge budget that they use to test with. But in the end, its the testers getting in the vehicles and writing the review based on how they feel the car handles certain situations. So for you to label these findings as "facts" is, in a way, innacurate. In a sense, it would be no different if me and a few friends gathered a bunch of products and wrote a thesis about them. Then took our findings and published them in a magazine or newspaper or online. Am I correct?

So please, keep your so called "facts" to yourself. That is unless you have taken say for example, a Chevrolet Cobalt LS and a Honda Civic si. Then put them under the exact same road and driving conditions with absolutely no flaws or errors. Routinely changing the oil and doing standard maintenence on them to the T. Then after every repair, you note it and then when both cars have completely failed and are undrivable. You write a review about them based on your findings. Until you do this, you cant accurately say which is better without having some form of opinion tossed in the matter.

That is all, I have to go to work. And I have to take my unreliable and potentially fatal roll over prone 1999 Tahoe on the dangerous streets. God how will I make it there alive? Oh wait, I will just swerve around the bullshit and I should be fine.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

Where do you get these so called "facts?" Because you previously posted a link to the consumer reports website so thats where I think you have got them. So allow me to educate you a little if I may. Consumer Reports is a magazine, a magazine in which they buy and test products in an effort to write a review about them. And like every person in the world, they make mistakes. Why do they make mistakes? Because they are simply human people doing the tests. Not a warehouse of fully robotic test subjects who never make a mistake or generate an opinion for themselves.

You are basically taking the opinion and findings of a certain group of people and labeling them as "facts." I understand that they have a very huge budget that they use to test with. But in the end, its the testers getting in the vehicles and writing the review based on how they feel the car handles certain situations. So for you to label these findings as "facts" is, in a way, innacurate. In a sense, it would be no different if me and a few friends gathered a bunch of products and wrote a thesis about them. Then took our findings and published them in a magazine or newspaper or online. Am I correct?

So please, keep your so called "facts" to yourself. That is unless you have taken say for example, a Chevrolet Cobalt LS and a Honda Civic si. Then put them under the exact same road and driving conditions with absolutely no flaws or errors. Routinely changing the oil and doing standard maintenence on them to the T. Then after every repair, you note it and then when both cars have completely failed and are undrivable. You write a review about them based on your findings. Until you do this, you cant accurately say which is better without having some form of opinion tossed in the matter.

That is all, I have to go to work. And I have to take my unreliable and potentially fatal roll over prone 1999 Tahoe on the dangerous streets. God how will I make it there alive? Oh wait, I will just swerve around the bullshit and I should be fine.

its not just consumer reports buddy. i was just naming one example of one source. and its the statistics, facts, information, or whatever you want to call it that continues to prove imports are more reliable than american year after year. im not saying american cars are junk. fords new lineup is actually very impressive. i dont dislike american cars, i was just letting the dude know that his statement was false. do you know how they get the statistics? part of it is based on unbiased testing, and the other part is they find the percentage of problems per car company. year after year imports always come on top.

it might be an american made car but who makes the parts that keep it going?

Did a water pump on a 87 corvette (official pace car lol) and the water pump was made by Mitsubishi.

I can go to Kragen's and get a water pump for a vette that is made in china, and then go to Tognottis and get one made in the USA, what is your point?

Mitsubishi also makes big screen TVs, just like Bosch, known for making car parts, but also has a industry in audio, among other things in that whole bosch becker empire

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

what car is best, is personal preference, everyone will have a different idea, but I wrote down what I feel, and always working on my cars, family cars, being a entry level tech, and parts manager for a few years with about 4 different stores.

Hell I can say, to this day I remember, the car that had the most problems, hands down was the Hyundai Excel, 88-94

seems like 1 in 5 customers would need parts for those things

And then VW

personally, now that my step daughter has a VW Passat/Jetta, whatever the top of the line is, the vr6- supposed to be a great car right?

absolute shit, every week since she bought it, something new happened, from something simple to the rear wing falling off, to driver side window falling down, water pump, oil pressure sensor, now the smog pump, which I must say is the dumbest design of them all- a electric motor powered smog pump, not belt driven, so the smog pump would stay on 24/7 killing her battery. Lets see, a $500 oil leak, and the water pump was $900 POS car so far, but they bought it before I was able to get the reviews on it, look it up, 2000 Passat/Jetta

I do think its personal preference, and driving and maintenance routines

Hell, took me 12,000 miles on my truck before I ever changed the oil, still beating strong, minus dead battery :-)

Also, in regards to Ryde comments, I used to work at NUMMI too, making Toyota trucks, I didn't work there long, but even I know that the small stuff like plastic air vents, stereos, trim pieces, door handles all came from china, that I know, on toyotas, and the same does go for GM Ford Chrysler, but the engines, trannies, frames, and body panels, well, they are all made right here in the USA- (Big 3, not Toyota)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I get a GM discount (father works at GM) and I still bought a Scion. The last 2 Chevys I bought (both S-10s, extended cab and one crew cab) spent more time in the shop than on the road. Maybe now with what GMC is doing my next car will be a GMC, who knows.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived