Service Engine Light Came On

i have owned a bunch of different vehicles. my rex used to do this. i changed the plugs and it was legit. i wouldnt pay anyone $695 for a service job. not even a high priced hooker. i hope u atleast got a blowjob or something. belts are cheap and plugs dont usually cost more than $60. better get yourself a Chilton book and get at it son. youll save tons in the long run.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

lol, not really since the first word of the thread is Sevice.

lol never noticed!!!!

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

yea imma ask the dealer for the codes...the check engine problem was the sensors/belts/needed a tune up which i believe totally because my engine was acting up lately

SAME THING HAPPENED TOO....i thought it was my alternator too, so i would drive around bumpin, then park it on my driveway, then the next morning it didnt start on a fully cold engine. It started if i didnt play the system the night before but ever since the checklight came on (thursday night) it did it without me having anything on at all (havent heard bass since wednesday). It hasnt ever not started before i had my system put in, so idk if its related, ill have to find out, but my voltage at idle was at 12.6, so no reason why its the alternator or batteries....all i know is that tomorrow, i expect a much quieter engine, no check light and my acceleration to be fixed, ill do the seafoam when it gets warmer outside

yeah i was always parenoid cause iwas never shore if my electical would cut it but its all good lol. Im guessing yours is nothin electrical either. Good Luck

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

LMAO @ the post about the gas turning your SEL on ahahahahahahahaha...what the problem was was that ur gas cap wasn't on tight enough and went you filled it up again you put the cap on fully so the light turned off...this is probably the most common SEL code, make sure you turn your cap for a few clicks

To the OP if you hear a rattling from under your car then yes that is the cat, its like a honeycomb inside and it breaking apart and rattling around inside...happened to my Caprice and my friends Audi is doing it but his got worse from driving it so now he is losing power when accelerating and it sounds bad...

Oh yeah, if you live in the Bay Area he is selling his Audi A4 Quattro, its a 99 with only 62,xxx miles on it...just needs the cat replaced...he's selling for 5k I believe...way under KBB

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Wow dude, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. You can check your own codes with a screwdriver. Read both links, first one is how to get the Code from the ECU by watching the Flashing SEC Light, second link is what it means.

Get Check Engine Light Code

Maxima ECU Decoder

Just follow those instructions and you will have your DTC "Diagnostic trouble code"

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

i didnt read errybody elses post but i read yours them people u took it to is trying to rape u. but when the car shuts off do u notice if the engine light is blinking, holes in the exhaust wont hurt anything if thats the case my probe shouldnt run at all lol. take it to autozone and let them tell u what the code is that your car is throwing. check ya spark plugs to see if any is fouled out and my just be fuel filter. do that and holla back at us with the update!!

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

LMAO @ the post about the gas turning your SEL on ahahahahahahahaha...what the problem was was that ur gas cap wasn't on tight enough and went you filled it up again you put the cap on fully so the light turned off...this is probably the most common SEL code, make sure you turn your cap for a few clicks

To the OP if you hear a rattling from under your car then yes that is the cat, its like a honeycomb inside and it breaking apart and rattling around inside...happened to my Caprice and my friends Audi is doing it but his got worse from driving it so now he is losing power when accelerating and it sounds bad...

Oh yeah, if you live in the Bay Area he is selling his Audi A4 Quattro, its a 99 with only 62,xxx miles on it...just needs the cat replaced...he's selling for 5k I believe...way under KBB

lol it only rattled from bass, not acceleration, i did the gas cap thing, did no good.....oh well, im getting the car back in a few hours only paying the $695 repair

Wow dude, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. You can check your own codes with a screwdriver. Read both links, first one is how to get the Code from the ECU by watching the Flashing SEC Light, second link is what it means.

Get Check Engine Light Code

Maxima ECU Decoder

Just follow those instructions and you will have your DTC "Diagnostic trouble code"

thats fine man, now i got this for the future :)

i didnt read errybody elses post but i read yours them people u took it to is trying to rape u. but when the car shuts off do u notice if the engine light is blinking, holes in the exhaust wont hurt anything if thats the case my probe shouldnt run at all lol. take it to autozone and let them tell u what the code is that your car is throwing. check ya spark plugs to see if any is fouled out and my just be fuel filter. do that and holla back at us with the update!!

ill figure out exactly what the holes are when i pick it up today and post it here, but engine light problem is fixed (belts/sensors/tune up was why it came on) the cat converter is just something else they found, has nothing to do with engine light, but it explains the rattling from under the car whenever i play bass.....gonna order racing pipes this weekend :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

i hate my life right now...now they told me today after doing the $695 repair that its still having a startup problem, now it needs an ignition coil, $150, my car wont be done today, they say tomorrow but who knows...FUCK THIS SHIT :bsflag:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

I agree with the post above buy a manual and do it your self I have been doin it for years. Only thing is you asked how hard it is to change belts most are easy the timing belt on the other hand is very touchy I personally dont like doing it unless its on a easy car like my rex. In the manual you'l learn enough where you can do most of your own repairs for cheap. I had the same problem as you and I just replaced my 02 sensor and maf sensor. I also put on a skunk exhaust and header kit. The car is running a lot better now.

steven.jpg

Archived