thehoe92 Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 good lord that bracket is gorgeous!! and I love the way you mounted the VCM.. I used the Rustoleum lens tint on my tail lights but never thought about smoking plexi I want to do something like that with my volt meter ..what I want to know is how is the belt holding up? when you rev it to 2k and then let off does it slip when it bogs down when you are slammin and you are keeping it steady at 2k do the RPMs jump up a little bit or do you have full control? Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
tejcurrent Posted July 16, 2010 Author Report Posted July 16, 2010 Thank you, just wait till it's powder coated I would have bought smoked plexi but I couldn't find any dark enough locally, so this really did the trick and let me control how I wanted it. It's still easy to pop out 2 screws and pull the module off the Velcro, but I know no passengers or my kids will push the buttons. So far it hasn't bogged down or slipped once. It takes some force to get the belt on, I made it as tight as possible so that in a week or so once the belt has done any stretching it will still be very tight. I revved to 3500 rpms last night with no slip, but I'm going to do a good bit of driving today and see what happens. As soon as I can get out of the house I'll be going somewhere where I can turn the gains up and see how it holds up. If there are any issues I can adjust a pulley and put on a belt 1.25 inch longer and get a heavy duty version. I know exactly what you mean about the belt slipping, but I'm using large pulleys and a crap ton of belt wrap so hopefully I wont see any issues. I've gone through a lot of effort to make sure there's virtually no misalignment between the bracket and the engine, meaning less belt 'dust' and wear. I'll post another vid with the system going and I'll rev the engine for you, but I've noticed no irregular rpm or voltage changes. tejcurrent XS Power T3
z71kris Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 I would be interested in this, I assume this would work for any vortec 5.3 lt, right? I may not need 4 alts, but two would be ok... 03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill
jmitch Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 AWESOME I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.
tejcurrent Posted July 16, 2010 Author Report Posted July 16, 2010 Thanks again. Yes, this would work on pretty much all 5.3 vortec engines. There may be some exceptions but none I'm aware of so far. I will have a dual version just like this for the 5.3, and a dual kit for 4.3 gm v8s here soon too. Probably a dual and quad for 5.7 v8s when I have time. I can't find the charger for my camera, but I got some video. I'll be uploading soon. I was behind best buy showing an installer the alts, when another employee came out. He said he could hear me from in the bathrooms at the front of the store lol. So far the responses of those in person have been "OH SHIT!" or "That's sexy". tejcurrent XS Power T3
BassJunkie Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 Awesome build bro! See you couldn't resist using the entire rear area lol 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
siccostyle Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 Incredible build bro the work your doing is awesome that alt bracket is first class craftsmanship great job and keep the video and photos coming 01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION
tejcurrent Posted July 17, 2010 Author Report Posted July 17, 2010 Awesome build bro! See you couldn't resist using the entire rear area lol Well I left 8-10 inches behind the box and used one large port so I could fit groceries or a stroller lol. I did use most of the back though, I'm really considering reconing and doing 2 more Wardens to have 4 18s again. Maybe one day Incredible build bro the work your doing is awesome that alt bracket is first class craftsmanship great job and keep the video and photos coming Thanks, here's the only vid I could get out today before my camera died: tejcurrent XS Power T3
kryptonite Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 SICK!!! That's pretty trick with the VCM behind the center panel like that. DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
Sampsonite Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 Fckin Sweet Bracket Mang! --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.