tejcurrent Rebuild- * new pics page 11

Thanks, I tried the lettering the way I wanted to do it and just wasn't happy. I believe I'll be doing things a different way or not at all on the logo portion of the box. I'm not doing raised lettering, so it's really a matter of embroidered or slapping a vinyl on. Any thoughts or suggestions?

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

If all goes well vids tomorrow. I have a super busy schedule but the only things left to do are sand the inside of the box, add a last coat of paint, and vinyl. Then slap it in and wire it up.

If no one cares to see a vid I'll just let this thread die.

Bolt holes drilled for wiring

73.jpg

Finished 45s in all the corners

75.jpg

Started the bracing

76.jpg

The 3rd layer- the interior layer- of the bracing area is drilled out with a 1.5" spade bit

77.jpg

78.jpg

Then the outer 2 layers are drilled with a 2.5" hole saw to allow counter sinking.

79.jpg

80.jpg

Cupping my nuts before chopping my rod down some.

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

Test fit a sub, there's a little play but it will be taken up by the vinyl.

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

a few coats of poly to smooth things out. It'll be sanded smooth and painted tomorrow.

88.jpg

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I sanded down the interior

89.jpg

and sprayed on a coat of satin white, I didn't really want gloss with this so aside from hitting it with a second coat I'm liking it.

90.jpg

Siliconed when installing the bracing

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

And the start of the vinyl

91.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

I ran out of adhesive but this is how it sits till I spray on more coat of white and finish the vinyl. I wish I had more than an hour or so at a time so I could just throw this in my truck, but we'll see tomorrow. Port looks like crap till I get the adhesive but it's almost there.

99.jpg

100.jpg

*I noticed the pics really make the port look tinted compared to the box. I used the same sort of coating as you would on hard wood floors over the paint. I'm using the port for storage and I'd rather have the color a hair off than have scratched paint after a few days. :werd_msword:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Wow. cant say enough about how much im impressed with your work and this build. simply ingenuity at its best. excellent craftsmanship as well.

keep up the great work! i read all 12 pages and want to see more!!!!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived