car went up in flames today

I'd be tempted to say it was a power wire that grounded out. Even if you have say a 250A fuse at both ends thats 500A of current capability to make to the ground point. It takes only seconds for that to make enough heat to start a fire.

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame, put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The casing is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and will eventually wear through.

gonna put that in my sig I think.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I know exactly how it feels to look over and see your shit blazing..... I'd say sorry, but it won't help anything. I hope insurance pulls through man. Batteries are no joke... I won't ever put a battery in my car again unless it is in a fully enclosed box where the terminals have no chance of hitting anything.

It honestly looks like the car caught on fire on the passenger side. We the power wires running on the right side? It looks like it caught fire in multiple spots.... Did you have the rear battery fused?

Ahh so dro=DCsoundlabMN? That explains him being a total Dbag.

I hope the mods ban this guy forever. I bet he's laughing at this thread as much as the one about an Amish family getting hit by a car.

On topic: Totally sucks man. Like it has been said before, since your audio stuff wasn't in your policy they probably won't cover it (what I've heard) so I wouldn't even bring up the system.

Like you said it sucks to lose your system but at least you're safe. Good luck with everything.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I'd be tempted to say it was a power wire that grounded out. Even if you have say a 250A fuse at both ends thats 500A of current capability to make to the ground point. It takes only seconds for that to make enough heat to start a fire.

seconds? not even. the battery can unload thousands of amps in a shorter amount of time than you can probably blink if it is shorted out.

feelin real calm, cool, collected, and composed. she lookin like nigga, what you here for, ....im like dont be actin like i dont be givin that do

You are a dumb ass....

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

be sure to ask your insurance if you have a personal injury protection coverage it usually pays like 2500 and doesnt matter about fault most people have it and dont even know it i got hit from behind and had it my 3 family members were in the car and my ins co paid 2500 per person i got a check for 10g and they cant raise your premium for it either not sure how it would play out on this but worth a try anyway and

dro grow up dude ur a duish

Thats messed up bro carbecue's suck

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

damn thats sucks MAJOR DONKEY D*** :'-( thats def. not gonna buff out.

Ive never had this happend, but if it did Id prob cry lol no joke, all those 12hr days and enless nights in the garage to go down in just a few seconds....

Id be happy if the insurance atleast pays for the car, im sure they are gonna find some shitty reason not to pay for the audio. About the amp and the deal that was suppose to go down, ol boy gets his money back and your insurance pays for all if not atleast most of your loss and you START again.

Aint gonna let a burned down car stop the "basshead" hobby! Hopefully you get evertyhing resolved!

That sucks dude. sorry to see people trying to shit on ya. You're going through enough. Now since you bought the car two days ago tow that bitch back to the dealer and say what the fuck? Do you have the law that states anything that happens within a certain time is the dealers responsibility?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived