Question about the 'red ring of death'

So just keeping it cool and horizontal with preferably an Elite will keep the problem away for the most part?

Yeah, Saving games to your hard drive helps also because the disc wont be spinning(Only when you start up the game) So that's less heat coming off that and The fans wont be working as hard. My room used to get REALLY hot all the time from playing, Now that I put the games on my hard drive it really never gets hot in here. Ive left my elite on by accident for a week when I went out of state came home and it was still cool in my room(I wouldn't suggest leaving it on for that long tho haha)

Edited by LoudNLow931

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Yeah, Saving games to your hard drive helps also because the disc wont be spinning(Only when you start up the game) So that's less head coming off that and The fans wont be working as hard. My room used to get REALLY hot all the time from playing, Now that I put the games on my hard drive it really never gets hot in here. Ive left my elite on by accident for a week when I went out of state came home and it was still cool in my room(I wouldn't suggest leaving it on for that long tho haha)

ahh sad face

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

It really only happens to the 360s that used the x-clamp to hold down the heatsinks on the gpu and cpu. I don't think they even use the x-clamps anymore... but I could be wrong.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i have this same problem with mine but mine lasted for a year and it was refrubshed and now i have it sitting outta the case at home so if it breaks i just can repair it quickly

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

Don't you mean you want it vertical so it can suck in all the air?

If its horizontal then its laying flat and the bottom of the 360 cant get air to it like it will went is vertical so nothing is obstructing the bottom of the 360...that's the way mine is, just got it last Sept.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Don't you mean you want it vertical so it can suck in all the air?

If its horizontal then its laying flat and the bottom of the 360 cant get air to it like it will went is vertical so nothing is obstructing the bottom of the 360...that's the way mine is, just got it last Sept.

no he meant horizantal. vertical would mean its (standing tall=bad) and by the way the all of the new xbox's have the extra heatsenk, thats there new inprovement, but if you trash it, it will red ring. best thing to do is play it safe and keep it as cold as you can. O and keep away from pet hair if at all possilbe and smoke. And yes ps3's go down a lot more than ppl think.

i just don't get how having it horizontal allows it to suck in all the air compared to vertical but I guess

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

• 1 month later...

well i think all them has the problem still i knew one kid who bought his around between late 07 and mid 08 and had red ring of death twice then another person who has a new who got it to just the other day

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc