shok vs knu fleks

which wire is better? price and quality. i would love to get some kicker but its just too pricey. im looking for a 50 ft spool of 1/0 blue. or 35 blue 15 gray. something like that.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'm not exactly where you can get Shok wire now, the last i saw they were having a promotional sale last month on their CCA line and it was hella cheap for spools of them. But i've never seen Shoks OFC line, while Knu has their Fleks. Decide whether or not you want OFC or CCA depending on the current that your wires are going to carry and then decide, i'm sure somewhere theres a few spools of Shok wire somewhere thats really cheap, but if you cant Knu is the next best thing. They're both really good in quality and price.

Knu Fleks is 100% OFC wire with high strand count for flexability. since its pure copper, you can carry 300-350amps of current through it.

Shok wire is CCA which is closer to 10% copper, 90% aluminum, which means that it can only handle 250-300 amps of current.

Talk to the "forum asshole" or "ray" about their new wire coming out. it has roughly 1000 more strands than shok wire AND knu fleks, its 100% OFC, AND its going to cost about the same as knu fleks

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Joobles, that was good knowledge about the CCA vs copper

I also just found out about 2 days ago, 100% copper is usually a lot thinner because the copper can carry more current, and it will equal same resistance per foot as larger OD CCA wire

So when you look at say 1/0g cca wire, and compare it to a 1/0 100% copper wire, the copper wire looks thinner, and people will jump the gun quicker to say its cheap, yet you just said it, and its also true about copper holding a higher current rating than the CCA aluminum/copper wire

Ever see Monster cable battery cable have a plastic/rubber core? I will bet money that is because they use100% copper, not the clad, and they use that middle to keep the OD the same as a CCA wire

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well good news is the shop i work at just picked up audison. so im hoping to get some of their sonos 1/0. the rep brought in about a foot of 1/0 power wire and its like a limp noodle with good wiring. although the knu fleks is still tempting. ive kinda givin up on the shok wire. especially with hearing what joobles said about it being CCA not OFC. im only going to be running a kicker zx1500 but i still want good wire.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

that middle plastic core is cheating a customer out of more conductivity, i dont care if its copper tin or brass for that matter if someone pays for a diameter of WIRE give them WIRE

i talked to Monster tech support... they said that that magnetic flux tube is to maximize the "skin effect" and its also made of plastic. and the 1/0 strand count is 4075 ofc strands

for one... i dont know how they dubbed a plastic noodle a " Magnetic flux tube".... where the hell does that come from?...

and secondly... "skin effect" what the hell? is this supposed to be used as speaker wire or what?

i totaly agree James... its just to cheat the costumer out of wire.... oh and not to mention the jacket on the wire is damn near 1/4" thick...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived