Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon speak on Southern Rappers

Because there are soo many single parent (read, single mother) families now that some kids don't get a chance to even see what a real man looks and acts like on a regular basis. This doesn't mean that those same kids won't look for role model elsewhere.

Waka is babysitting your boys.... Who else do you think is listening to it?

Does that put his music in a different perspective?

That's a whole other subject that I'm not going to get into. I knew you were going to mention it, all I'm going to say is that's on the parent's.

We have to get into it. The consequences for not dealing with these issues are tremendous.

Also, it is NOT just on the parents; because parents don't raise kids to go downstairs to live in the basement. Those children are going to grow up, get out, and put their stamp on OUR families and communities.

All throughout the 90s, people elevated turning a blind eye to an art form. Look at where it has gotten us.

the beatles... elvis... the entire 80s

its bullshit to say music is the problem because no matter the generation there was always a group pushin the limits of whats exceptable... just like these "abc rappers"

this generation is no different, its a parents job to guide their children, period

some of u sound like our grandparents, shut up and turn it off if u dont like it because u cannot stop a boulder rolling down the hill til it gets to the bottom

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

some of u sound like our grandparents, shut up and turn it off if u dont like it because u cannot stop a boulder rolling down the hill til it gets to the bottom

now thats real talk

great quote

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

While i agree for the most part that they need to be lyrically correct to rap. Its whatever sells, you see these little teenage boys out now that are wearing girls pants and shirts and shit? its whatever they are into now a days. Shit will keep getting produced that sucks ass, why? because it sells.. the record labels want money, and thats what they are getting.

*edit*

its also the reason i dont even listen to the radio anymore.. i just use my thumb drive to listen to what i want, thats artists that can actually rap, with lyrics and beats, instead of just beats...

and yes, gucci has SOME ok songs where he can rap in, but most of his shit sucks, but his beats are nice

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

While i agree for the most part that they need to be lyrically correct to rap. Its whatever sells, you see these little teenage boys out now that are wearing girls pants and shirts and shit? its whatever they are into now a days. Shit will keep getting produced that sucks ass, why? because it sells.. the record labels want money, and thats what they are getting.

Who says the record companies should decide what our kids are influenced by? The girlie pants, etc, etc, is just a symptom of a problem that everyone seems too SCARED to address.

If I sound like my grandparents, then that is good because social responsibility seems to have stopped with them.

Oh i know, it falls back on the parents on how to raise their children, my son wont ever hear stanky leg or stupid ass fucking songs, why, because they are dumb.. He wont leave my house wearing girly shit because im gonna raise him to be a man.

But, the record companys still are producing these stupid ass songs, and these teens now a days want these dumbass songs.. so they will keep making them, hip hop and rap will keep steadily going down talent wise

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

The only thing we can really hope for is the real artists who have been in or underground for awhile, step up and put a stop to these lame ass songs, thats honestly the only real way i see to get these dumbass songs/artists off the air, because if they get ripped by a real artist, they wont have a comeback other then *oh ill go get my 9 or 45 and lay into it*

Team DC Audio

the beatles... elvis... the entire 80s

its bullshit to say music is the problem because no matter the generation there was always a group pushin the limits of whats exceptable... just like these "abc rappers"

this generation is no different, its a parents job to guide their children, period

Music is not the problem just like a fever is not the problem when someone has the flu.

You said a mouthful, Decaf, by saying that it is the parents' job to guide their children. First, it suggests that everyone should mind their business when it comes to young people. Second, when there are so many men being raised by women, how are the boys and girls supposed to get this guidance we speak of? Who's going to do it and when?

One man can influence his family, one family can influence a community, and one community can influence a nation.

Man up, guys, there's work to do right there were you are. Of course, being apathetic is the easy thing to do, but is it the correct and moral response to challenges in our environment?

Archived