victor8881 Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 I'm looking at both of these head units... I like this pioneer premier deh-p600ub. Pioneer never seems to fail me. Plus, I've actually had my hands on this head unit and it is fairly easy to work with. Then the other day I ran into this unit Eclipse CD3200. Looks sick, has good option. Google it and people give mix review on this head unit. Which of these do you think will be an overall better HU? HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U. Sub: AQ HDC 15 Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now. Big 3: YUP! Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk. Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.
pk222 Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 after only dealing with pioneer head units I would be lost without one. My vote is pioneer but thats preference. The only drawback I've had with pioneer is having engine noise but that was easily fixed with grounding the outputs. Aside from that I have a pioneer deh-6800 that I cant find a ipod cable for but I don't want to get rid of it because other than that I have never had any problems with a pioneer head unit. The eq is easy to work with and sounds great. I don't see any drawbacks. that eclipse looks nice but still prefer the pioneer
rckstar Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 I d also prefer the Pioneer. It looks better and has all the bells and whistles. I think the eclipse s advantage over the Pioneer is a 5v pre out as opposed to 4v pioneer. This is not much of a drawback though as you just have to turn the gains up a little more on your amps. Hope my post helps my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it
Reallunacy Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 I've used a few and my favorite so far is the Eclipse CD7100 I bought recently from jsmoke. And far as how it sounds, I've never read a bad revie, what people complained about was the navigation in the menu, but, mine at least, has a way to create shortcuts for items you use often.
bassahaulic Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 I will never use a Pioneer Headunit ever again, the rediculous amount of engine noise it had drove me away. And the fact that even after I did the fix it still didn't work properly enforced that even more so. I now own an Alpine 9886, and soon am going back to Kenwood. Kenwoods are great radios, with great EQ'ing, and an amazing price.
AI James Posted March 5, 2010 Report Posted March 5, 2010 5v isnt an advantage over 4v preouts...any amp thats worth a dang will work perfectly fine off either one
victor8881 Posted March 6, 2010 Author Report Posted March 6, 2010 Yeah engine noise blows... I had the old Pioneer back in the days with the Dolphin screen... I could never get rid of engine noise! HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U. Sub: AQ HDC 15 Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now. Big 3: YUP! Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk. Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.
mbdblue Posted March 6, 2010 Report Posted March 6, 2010 used both pioneer and eclipse...id vote eclipse. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
melonhead Posted March 6, 2010 Report Posted March 6, 2010 I currently own the Eclipse CD3100 (one model down) and I like it. I have the ipod cable for it and like being able to control the ipod from the actual deck itself. Makes it easier while driving. The only thing bad about the Eclipse is there is no pause button. Apparently none of their decks have the pause button.
rgorzkajr Posted March 11, 2010 Report Posted March 11, 2010 i have the cd 5030 and love it. also had good luck with the last pioneer i had but that was long ago.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.