DC Sound Lab

decisions, decisions.

7 members have voted

1. 1. help me pick out my woofer upgrade. Both will be sealed off facing the front

• Two Lv4 12" with D1 coils. (yes D1 coils) @32hz
    • Two Lv3 15" Sealed

sup yall. i had a quick question i hope someone could help me out on.

first a lil story.

about 4 months ago i sold my both my Lv412's in order to pay for school. sold em for Cheap too. :sad:

they were running off a T-1500bd @ 2ohms, for getting about half the power each. they got loud (at least to me they did)

to make up for the lack of bass i bought two alpine type R's soon after. The alpines just aint cutting it though. My previous DC's got louder running @2ohms than my current type R's running off of 1ohm.

now that i came up on some cash i want to go Back to DC.(gotta support Rusty, since he was once a SR resident ;) )

here comes the question.

should i just get two Lv4's with D1 coils and run them @1ohm off my T-1500.

OR

should i pay a lil extra cash and get the Lv5D1 coils?

any input?

Edited by St.Ides

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

have you thought about getting a lvl4XL? you could do 1 15 or 1 18 on that power and it would do nicely.. *and before all the people jump in saying thats not enough power * ITS THE RMS.... YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OVER THAT IF YOU DONT WANT

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

have you thought about getting a lvl4XL? you could do 1 15 or 1 18 on that power and it would do nicely.. *and before all the people jump in saying thats not enough power * ITS THE RMS.... YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OVER THAT IF YOU DONT WANT

i thought about the XL, one 15XL would fit, and it would be cheaper(i doubt one 18 would fit) But i just dont have the time to re-do my entire trunk/enclosure.

I'm not disagreeing with you. i have thought about one 15. ;) im just pretty sure two 12's would be louder than one 15?

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

two XL12s are a good amount of cash more. believe me if i could i would.

i just have to pay for the DJ at my brothers wedding in 2 months. that's my only dilemma.

at the moment my only options are Lv4's W/D1's coils OR Lv4's W/Lv5 D1 coils

Edited by St.Ides

TNCB

on that power you could do level 3's

and just add 2 more later.

Really? you think i should go for two Lv3's instead of two Lv4's?

*I'm in no way questioning you, i've seen your build :ph34r: haha*

Right now i have a 4cu enclosure and it's taking up a good part of my trunk.

dunno if i can add two more Lv3 12's in the future.

*pic of current trunk

l_b42cbbdddb88405ba5b06edc30a56932.jpg

do you think i can squeeze 4 lv3's in there?

TNCB

a little bit of glassing and youll have 4 12's in no time...

:) and yes you can do level 3's if your subsonic is up and set all up right. just because you have 2kw doesnt mean you need it all :blush:

Edited by mr.p

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Pretty sure the lvl 4 coil does not come in a Dual 1 so a level 5 coil D1 sounds like a winner to me :) plus I've always liked being able to series at the woofer. And I would also get the level 4s and just keep your eye out for a bit more power down the road (if you need it)

Level 3s would be cool but I like the 4s quite a bit :)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew