I would like to know how much this thing is going to weigh when done. :D

Can you measure how much drop it puts on the back of your Astro. I am curious. I think mine dropped like 2 inches or so!

It is definately going to be bulletproof. Solid work!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know how much this thing is going to weigh when done. :DCan you measure how much drop it puts on the back of your Astro. I am curious. I think mine dropped like 2 inches or so! It is definately going to be bulletproof. Solid work!

Thanks dude, I'll get Before/After pictures of the drop, I may need helper bags with all this weight in the back :P

Got some more work done tonight, started with this:

SDC11462.jpg

SDC11464.jpg

SDC11472.jpg

SDC11476.jpg

SDC11478.jpg

SDC11488.jpg

mock up

SDC11489.jpg

Would have got all that secured but the neighbor came over at 9pm and told me to shut off my shit or he was calling the cops, so that's all for tonight.

im tuned in dude, good luck!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Holy speaker holes Batman! And all the sawdust! That means doin' work!

What is wrong with the neighbor? Doesn't he know you need bass?!?!?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

fuckin neighbors!!!!!!!!!!! holes, lots of holes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another hole is my neighbor, we call him ASShole.

What is wrong with the neighbor? Doesn't he know you need bass?!?!?

Apparently not, I'll have to tell him next time he yells at me through the shrubbery to STFU. As soon as I find a new place to live he will also know 40hz tones at random times in the middle of the night as my revenge for him being such a little bitch.

tell him if he bitches now he cant later when its all said and done lol. looking good though mang, maybe monday for it to come alive? at this rate i see it happening :D

Micah after looking at the box now and thinking I think that I have an idea for you on how to brace the face since dowels from top to bottom probably won't work because of the ports being in the way.

It looks like you at least have 1 1/2" between the subs on the inside of the box. What I would reccomend is to cut some 2X4's the entire depth of the box to put inbetweeen each row of subs. If you turn the 2X4 on it's side it's 1 1/2" wide and will fit on the face to brace it without running it to the bottom of the box. You would just need to screw it to the face of the box and be done with it. That will help keep the flex down quite a bit even though I don't think it will flex much being a triple layer. It won't help the bottom, but you could just use the same method there if you wanted to. Then we already talked about either dowels or threaded rod from side to side.

If your not sure what I'm saying about the 2X4's I'll explain it when I call you today.

It looks great and I'm excited to hear it with a single and a pair of 3500's.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Holy Crap you got alot of work done... Clean as usual... Nice man...

i ROFLMAO when ur neighbor bitchd at 9pm... we use to work til mid night!... if you where here...that box would have been done in 2 days.. LOL....

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Micah after looking at the box now and thinking I think that I have an idea for you on how to brace the face since dowels from top to bottom probably won't work because of the ports being in the way.

It looks like you at least have 1 1/2" between the subs on the inside of the box. What I would reccomend is to cut some 2X4's the entire depth of the box to put inbetweeen each row of subs. If you turn the 2X4 on it's side it's 1 1/2" wide and will fit on the face to brace it without running it to the bottom of the box. You would just need to screw it to the face of the box and be done with it. That will help keep the flex down quite a bit even though I don't think it will flex much being a triple layer. It won't help the bottom, but you could just use the same method there if you wanted to. Then we already talked about either dowels or threaded rod from side to side.

If your not sure what I'm saying about the 2X4's I'll explain it when I call you today.

Yup I got what you mean, Should I route the edges that won't be screwed to the box? Also should I cut the edge of the 2x4 that will be against the baffle off so that it will flush up to the baffle real good? If that doesn't make sense I'll explain on the phone today ;)

Holy Crap you got alot of work done... Clean as usual... Nice man...

i ROFLMAO when ur neighbor bitchd at 9pm... we use to work til mid night!... if you where here...that box would have been done in 2 days.. LOL....

Yeah dude, those were the days!

Archived