What should I say is the reason I got fired?

Problem is its by far my longest job and the only one Ive ever gotten farther in, I cant cut it from my application. Besides that would be a huge gap.

Besides if they contact them, by law (here anyway) they cant ask why I was fired, all they can ask is did he work for you and would you rehire him and since that boss was fired soon after I was, the current boss is someone who was desperately trying to get me rehired because him, the other 2 assistant managers, and most of the employees want me back

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

first... you need to list it as a reference like you said so you dont have a gap in employment history.

second... i would say i topped out, that there was no room for advancement.

third... if you can prove it, over qualified also works in combination with #2

fourth... you left because you need more money

Edited by az73

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

Im 23, And its more of the fact that its a year and 3 months as an assistant manager, especially compared to 1-3 months as a janitor, cashier, cart attendant, etc etc

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

I got fired from Lowes and JCPenney but always put I quit since they are not allowed to tell my future employee the reason for my departure, only the dates I worked there...they both told me this when they were firing me.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Well if they do contact him it is illegal for him to say anything bad about you, however there are tons of loopholes and industry terms for him to get around that.

I'd call him up and say "hey, I'm sorry about how things ended and you don't owe me any favors, but please give me a favorable review if they call." I'm sure he should be able to recognize your direct approach and your ability to be the bigger man, so to speak. He doesn't want you working there, obviously, but it takes quite a grudge for someone to make sure you "never work in this town again."

At the very least, you find out if he's still pissed or whether or not to even put him on the resume. I disagree with hiding this, because that will leave a huge gap in your employment history and not help you as it is, mine as well approach it directly at first, save the duck n run for when you need it.

images-1.jpg

Say you got caught having a threesome with 2 chicks in the back room.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Ok heres the situation, I had this job for over a year and 3 months where I was the assistant manager of a gaming store. My most recent boss there decided to demote me, he said even tho Im getting better at what I do and am making almost no mistakes he thinks I would serve the company better by being a team member, I walked away and started doing my job without saying anything to him. He wouldnt leave me alone and I kept ignoring him cause I was really pissed, finally he asked if Im ever gonna talk to him again, I said "Im just trying not to break your fucking nose". 2 days later he fires me.

Ok I know I should have handled it better so I dont need to hear how much of a dumbfuck I am. I obviously dont want to just say "Well I threatened to kick the shit out of my boss" so I just need to know what would be best for me to say on applications or in interviews about why I got fired?

The smartest thing that you can do is to go back and talk to him. The 2 of you are on the same level now, same plain of existence, 2 average guys get me.

Explain to him that you were takeing it incredibly hard personally that you got demoted and apologize to him and be nice as possible even if he is pissing you off.

Why?

Because if you can smooth things over with him you might get your firring change to a disagreement between both parties and that you felt it was time to move on.

You want to acheive a situation where it doesn't look like you got fired for a bad reason and more for a misunderstanding and to do that you need to swallow some pride and bite your tongue and patch things up with your new EX boss.

If you handle it rite then this guy might still give you a good or respectable recommendation when he gets called from a new employer.

Rebuild the bridge that got burnt first and it will lead to positive things most of the time.

Good Luck!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I got fired from Lowes and JCPenney but always put I quit since they are not allowed to tell my future employee the reason for my departure, only the dates I worked there...they both told me this when they were firing me.

Until your current employer finds out the truth and then can fire you on the spot for being dishonest.

Tell the truth. Someone hit it right on..conflict of interest and you have to list it or a reason for a huge gap in employment. Also, Employers can share information if:

Bad Job References... What Information Can Your Former Employer Disclose?

Loose-lips don't just sink ships..

They often devastate a job hunters ability to gain employment. After leaving a job, a former employer is free to pass along negative information about you to prospective employers, and most state laws protect them from legal recourse provided the information is - job related; based upon credible evidence; and made without malice.

It is illegal for a former employer to purposefully give false information for the sake of harming one's reputation or preventing one from obtaining employment. In addition, personal information that is not job related should neither be asked about or provided by either a prospective or former employer. In general, it is inappropriate for a prospective employer to ask questions or a former employer to provide information about an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, or parenting responsibilities.

Former employers who fear potential defamation and slander law suites have become crafty when answering employment reference questions. Rather than speak negatively about a former employee, some will opt to "No Comment" when asked critical employment questions regarding performance, termination, and eligibility for rehire. The inference of this is just as harmful to the employee as a bad reference, and if a prospective employer has to choose between two qualified applicants - one with positive references and the other with mediocre or bad references - who do you suppose they will choose?

Another common practice among leery employers is to refuse to give any information about an employee other than dates of employment and title. This is gross disservice to an employee who has dedicated years of faithful service to a company, yet gets no better of a reference then an employee who was fired for embezzlement.

Unfortunately, this policy is within the legal rights of an employer- provided the policy is an across the board policy that applies to all employees - not just a selected few. There have been cases successfully argued that an employer discriminated against an employee for not applying the same policy to all its employees.

http://www.ppspublishers.com/articles/n/ArticlesInsert/bulletin_risky_business.htm

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown