im lookin for some ground pounder subs

no mane im just lookin for some great sub i have a 03 expedition with 4 t1 15's im lookin to make my truck a ground pounder so thinkin of goin with 6 15's or 4 18's and im lookin for sum big boy amps to so hit me up if u got sum good stuff for sale

Bassick has a couple stetsom 7k's in the for sale section.

Whats your budget and do you have the right electrical for this kind of setup?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Bassick has a couple stetsom 7k's in the for sale section.

Whats your budget and do you have the right electrical for this kind of setup?

i dont have a buget im just doin it a step at a time i just order 4 dry cells this mornin im lookin at runin 2 4000bds what subs can hold that much power

Your going to need atleast a 270 amp alt, and another alt of atleast 270 or higher to run it daily.. so your looking at the very minimum of 1000$ in just 2 alts, with out a mounting bracket, which can run from 275 to maybe 600 bucks, unless you make your own

your prob looking to spend about 500 bucks in power wire alone..

with 2 rockford 4ks i would use lvl 5s from DC because they will get pretty damn loud

build a beasty ass box..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Your going to need atleast a 270 amp alt, and another alt of atleast 270 or higher to run it daily.. so your looking at the very minimum of 1000$ in just 2 alts, with out a mounting bracket, which can run from 275 to maybe 600 bucks, unless you make your own

your prob looking to spend about 500 bucks in power wire alone..

with 2 rockford 4ks i would use lvl 5s from DC because they will get pretty damn loud

build a beasty ass box..

WOW I need to start selling alt brackets on here. My buddy owns a machine shop and can build them for me for about $15 each

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

that was just a rough estimate, but ive seen brackets go for as low as, 275$ and as high as 600$, so thats why i put it..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 2 weeks later...

I have a non standard suggestion...no funky pups either LOL

Take a closer look at the Sundown Audio Z15 v.2 ..with the standard cone (no need for the heavy duty Nightshade cone at this power level)..standard dual spider package. I've played around with a clients sub and that thing is amazing. Great motor there with one heck of a lighweight moving assembly..this sub can get stupid loud on limited power and will sound great doing it. In my opinion 4 Z15 v.2's will match the two RF T4k's perfectly.

why not the z18 v.2's? they only come with the heavy-duty NS cone....and while they are great subs as well, I just feel that the lighweight 15's have huge potential in power limited applications

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81

FUNKY PUPS

impliedfacepalm2.jpg

There is always one <_<

O/P there are many subs you could use for a ground pounder, Fi seems to be common though. Depends what you can afford.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

• 1 month later...

I have a non standard suggestion...no funky pups either LOL

Take a closer look at the Sundown Audio Z15 v.2 ..with the standard cone (no need for the heavy duty Nightshade cone at this power level)..standard dual spider package. I've played around with a clients sub and that thing is amazing. Great motor there with one heck of a lighweight moving assembly..this sub can get stupid loud on limited power and will sound great doing it. In my opinion 4 Z15 v.2's will match the two RF T4k's perfectly.

why not the z18 v.2's? they only come with the heavy-duty NS cone....and while they are great subs as well, I just feel that the lighweight 15's have huge potential in power limited applications

I agree with the Z series by Sundown. Hell of a sub !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

mmats pro audio dreadnaut or juggernaut subs :drink40:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived