Can someone explain why some setups have massive amounts of batteries?

Bare with me, I'm pretty new to car audio and electrical wiring and concepts. A very simple answer will do.

So the other day I meet this guy and he was showing how many batteries he had to for his system. No joke, this guy had like 6 120 plus AH HUGE UPS truck style batteries each weighing he said "140lbs each! I then ask him what was the reason for all the batteries. Before I knew it I block him out because he went into 45 minute, defcon-5 explanations on why and how he needed them. Non of it made any since. He said he was running dual alts. one stock at 110amp and another at 200amp.(took his word on it because he was a bit of a talker!) I've seen my fair share of well built system and horrible ones, but never have I heard of anyone that has 6 extra batteries, and even if they did have six 140 plus pound batteries.... from my understand, if this person would have added let say two extra 250 plus amp alternators instead of 6 big foot monster truck batteries, he would have been able to produce the same amount of results with less weight added to his car?? To me adding close to 1000 pounds of extra weight seem stupid, but, if it does the job efficiently, f**k Me for questioning his set up.Is this my ignorance speaking for lack of knowledge in electrical car audio concepts, or is this guy WAY OVER DOING IT WITH THE BATTERIES? LMFAO, I thought I was cool with my extra battery in the trunk... I guess I should take that shit to the next level and hit up a friend that works on 747 southwest jets and see if planes use batteries and if so, get a few of those bastards in my trunk... be like "yeah I'm running southwest airline batteries in my shit, no big deal!

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

Bare with me, I'm pretty new to car audio and electrical wiring and concepts. A very simple answer will do.

So the other day I meet this guy and he was showing how many batteries he had to for his system. No joke, this guy had like 6 120 plus AH HUGE UPS truck style batteries each weighing he said "140lbs each! I then ask him what was the reason for all the batteries. Before I knew it I block him out because he went into 45 minute, defcon-5 explanations on why and how he needed them. Non of it made any since. He said he was running dual alts. one stock at 110amp and another at 200amp.(took his word on it because he was a bit of a talker!) I've seen my fair share of well built system and horrible ones, but never have I heard of anyone that has 6 extra batteries, and even if they did have six 140 plus pound batteries.... from my understand, if this person would have added let say two extra 250 plus amp alternators instead of 6 big foot monster truck batteries, he would have been able to produce the same amount of results with less weight added to his car?? To me adding close to 1000 pounds of extra weight seem stupid, but, if it does the job efficiently, f**k Me for questioning his set up.Is this my ignorance speaking for lack of knowledge in electrical car audio concepts, or is this guy WAY OVER DOING IT WITH THE BATTERIES? LMFAO, I thought I was cool with my extra battery in the trunk... I guess I should take that shit to the next level and hit up a friend that works on 747 southwest jets and see if planes use batteries and if so, get a few of those bastards in my trunk... be like "yeah I'm running southwest airline batteries in my shit, no big deal!

sounds like the guy you were talking to knew what he was going.

he was lacing your boots and you tuned him out?

PS it you think 6 batts is allot,take a look at some of the member builds on the forum ;)

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

Adds debeeez foo

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

you got a account on stevemeadedesigns forum right? have you seen how many batteries and alts steve has?

I dont see how you have a account on here without knowing he has almost double the amount of batteries you just mentioned lol

6 is alot but not compared to some people on here

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333