Sundown Audio

Noob Mistake What Should I Do

Amalan

out of all the responses, best thing to do is

1) test light

2) Volt meter

That should have been the first thing you should have done, start testing battery connection, then fuse, then at amp, if no power, track it down. I would believe if anything the romote fried. Remotes only are capable of handling like a 0.5-3 amp load, pretty damn light huh? If all is good, THEM the amp is fried

Ive been installing since about 1995 and I can only think of maybe 2-3 times I ever disconnected the battery/ground when messing with amps, I always disconnect the fuses before touching amps.... But caps, batteries, or adding fuses, then I disconnect the battery

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Also... it seemed you hinted toward that this was a used amp... so if it was... are you 100% sure it worked in the first place? simple question, but sometimes problems have simple answers.... :)

Edited by rusty959

take a jumper wire and run it from the + lead to the remote turn on making sure the remote wire from the deck is disconnected from the deck ;) if that doesnt do any thing you need to start at the deck testing every thing and working your way back to your subs

always disconnect the battery's negative before you connect wires bro. you will always see sparks if you don't.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module