Sonic Electronix

This is mainly to get a feel for people that have registered cars in the state of Kansas but feel free to input your experiances.

I am about 42.9% done with my wall and have odd feeling that the police will fuck with me. Why you ask. Well last friday I got my windows tinted. 20% front doors, 5% back doors and 20% rear glass and nothing on the front. My wife got pulled over last night and the cops gave her a ticket for the back windows being to dark. I completly understand this, being the Kansas state code is 35% all around. But if i were to stand out side my front door and watch cars pass by I could bet you 1 out 5 cars have tint as dark if not darker then me.

Well anyways, with the tint already catching the eye's of Mr. Jonny Law what would they do if I got pulled over and they took a peek in there and saw a wall. This would obstruct the back door windows and rear window of course. But I have both outside mirrows and will be installing a back up camera for both backing up and driving.

Just woundering what people have gone through.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

well, if that was the case, most big rigs would get pulled over, as far as i know for my state, as long as the rear view mirror is still attached your fine

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the laws depend on the state but I think your required to only have a mirror on the driver side, some states require both tho I think. my friend has a wall in his scion xb and hes never been bothered for it, you can almost see the amps in his back window, and I lived in northern va where there are a ton of cops.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd

i would make a phone call to the place you get your vehicle inspected and see what they say about rearview mirrors. I know in NY you don't need to have a rear window at all, you could spray paint it black for all the state cares. Tint laws are different everywhere though and i'd talk to the local police station and see what they say about having your wall in there. They'll probably give you flack about noise ordinances but they can't do anything unless they hear it. I'd say ur good with the mirrors and rearview camera

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ive been pulled over in north carolina pennsylvania and new york with a wall and was never hassled. most are curious as hell about it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

for my state as long as you have both side mirrors you dont need a rear view mirror, and all the back windows could be sprayed black and they wouldnt care. just have to have the front windows like 20% and higher tint

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Looks like the wall with go forth.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

why would you get illegal tint?

1. Its dumb

2. Way more attention then needed

3. Did i mention its dumb and youre asking to get fucked with?

theres cop that you be doing 80 in a 45 around here in pooler, and the wont fuck with you if you have legal tint. but if you come by them and have illegal tint, they wont pull you over for the speeding, but for the tint.

here in georgia, the law varies by vehicle. sedans, have to be 35 all the way around ... but a f door truck can be as dark as you want except for the front windows, which has to be 35 or above.

so again did i mention its dumb. i mean i understand you have a wall so it shouldnt matter, but what if you wanted to take it out.

as for the obstructing yourview, i have my wall and have been pulled over in florida, georgia, and sc. nothing was said, except looks good.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg