Sonic Electronix

why would you get illegal tint?

1. Its dumb

2. Way more attention then needed

3. Did i mention its dumb and youre asking to get fucked with?

theres cop that you be doing 80 in a 45 around here in pooler, and the wont fuck with you if you have legal tint. but if you come by them and have illegal tint, they wont pull you over for the speeding, but for the tint.

here in georgia, the law varies by vehicle. sedans, have to be 35 all the way around ... but a f door truck can be as dark as you want except for the front windows, which has to be 35 or above.

so again did i mention its dumb. i mean i understand you have a wall so it shouldnt matter, but what if you wanted to take it out.

as for the obstructing yourview, i have my wall and have been pulled over in florida, georgia, and sc. nothing was said, except looks good.

Well minus all of the dumb comments thanks for that little bit of insight. I think that I will submit a name change to "dwright27 thinks I am dumb", will that work for you.

:good:

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Well minus all of the dumb comments thanks for that little bit of insight. I think that I will submit a name change to "dwright27 thinks I am dumb", will that work for you.

:good:

lol its not dumb, but yea put urself in the cops shoes, its dangerous walkin up on a car that i dont know how many people are in it, the OP is right about them messing with you, but if my privacy is dumb, then rub one out in your kitchen.

MPV laws are different than cars, gotta live with it.

tint is the shit. Just tell the cops that it came with the car, half the time theyll just say ok and leave you alone (atleast in my area). and to dwright, As as far as it being dumb, you ever think your shit might get stolen cuz people can see right in and see what you have to take? I personally dont like advertising to the world what i have but to each his own.

Keep it dark, keep it loud

tint is the shit. Just tell the cops that it came with the car, half the time theyll just say ok and leave you alone (atleast in my area). and to dwright, As as far as it being dumb, you ever think your shit might get stolen cuz people can see right in and see what you have to take? I personally dont like advertising to the world what i have but to each his own.

Keep it dark, keep it loud

lawl, i have tint.

meters 32% on the front windows, legal is 35% but im sooo close they dont fuck with me. i agree with having tint, but its dumb to PURPOSELY get tint below your states limits .... :shrug:. if you get a ticket for tint its your own fault. :noob:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

lawl, i have tint.

meters 32% on the front windows, legal is 35% but im sooo close they dont fuck with me. i agree with having tint, but its dumb to PURPOSELY get tint below your states limits .... :shrug:. if you get a ticket for tint its your own fault. :noob:

ahhh....sometimes you have to get darker to get the result you want......i have 20 all around and i love it. dont think i would ever go darker in the front though.....had 35 on the front 2 for a while but it wasnt enough. Legal here is 50 and you can barely notice it so i said fuck that when i saw a cop car in my city with tint. Plus my buddys dad is a optomitrist and i do a lot of stereo work for them..... :good: AKA, "here you go officer, i have sensitive eyes."

My bad on the comment dwright.

If you tint it dark just roll the windows down all the way, turn off the car and music with your hands in view and the cops usually will respect it. I tint dark because why spend money on light tint where people can still see into your car. I've had 35, 20, 15 and 5 and honestly 20 is the lightest I'd ever go though u can still see through it decently from outside. I got 15 on windows and 5 on back hatch and the cops don't care, just show them u have nothing to hide. Saying it's stupid is ignorant, people can do what they want and I know I'd rather make it so u can't see my shit.

Not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion.

i say proceed with the wall as long as ur still being courteous to other drivers and homes, u should be cool... but a lotta cops feel if ur tint is that dark u have somethin to hide! i think in Louisiana 35% is the legal tint limit, but not every cop enforces it

2006 Altima 2.5

Alpine Iva- w200 Head unit

2 L7 kicker 12s in a slot ported box tuned to 38 Hz

Rf T10001 @ 1 ohm

Rf P4004 @ 4 ohms

Poineer TS-D161R 6.5" in door panels

Pioneer TS-D690R 6" x 9" in rear

stinger 1/0 wiring

I don't know about where your from but I had double limo on the back and rear side windows of an extended cab shop truck. Here as long as you have some random shop/business name stamped on it they don't fuck with you. Now my old linc was a different story. Same tint but I had Like It Loud on the back glass and got stopped everytime I drove into town. If you look respectable usually cops wont mess with you. If you look like your out to raise hell then good luck. Illinois state cops will pull you over for a bent bumper so just dont go there. HAHA

edit: no disrespect to Ill. but I have never driven to a show in Chi. without getting stopped for something. They are pretty cool on the speeding thing but god forbid you have dark tint and out of state plates. I guess everyone from MI. driving to chi. with tint is a dope dealer.

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

Right on guys, For me when ever i get pulled over I always turn everything off and put the keys on the dash and hands on the top of the stearing wheel and roll down both windows on the side the officer approaches on. Regardless if I have tint or not. Over kill I know, but as someone already stated put yourself in there shoes.

Might just be a good idea to redo the back ones in 20% and call it a day.

But I am glad to see it seems like the wall part of the question is they dont care.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Archived