Sonic Electronix

are square subs overrated?

Its all in the owners opinion.. I had 2 L7 8's and was geting low 140's but the SQ wassnt that good. Never delt much with anything larger other that a friend was running 2 18" solo x's in his van and it done great numbers low 170's but he went to DD 9515's and went up 3 dbs.. So its all in what your after SPL or SQ .. "My Opinion Only"

for real?

the kicker l7s only sound louder because they sound like garbage.. too many newbs associate distortion with loudness (because it sounds louder)

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

the kicker l7s only sound louder because they sound like garbage.. too many newbs associate distortion with loudness (because it sounds louder)

So Kicker L7's don't get loud or sound good right? And only 'newbs' run the Kicker L7 right?

Even though the Kicker square's have been winning SQ awards since there conception as stated by Polecat.

aaaa.jpg

Derp.

im sorry buddy but EVERY l7 setup ive heard sounded like GARBAGE!!!!! sure it got loud. but it didnt sound very well.

and no .. im saying newbs confuse distortion with loudness. every highscoolers system ive seen had the gain and frequency cranked and sounded like garbage. but it was loud to them.. i reset their amps. and it sounded clean and they are like its not as loud now.. (not l7 specific)

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Its all in the owners opinion.. I had 2 L7 8's and was geting low 140's but the SQ wassnt that good. Never delt much with anything larger other that a friend was running 2 18" solo x's in his van and it done great numbers low 170's but he went to DD 9515's and went up 3 dbs.. So its all in what your after SPL or SQ .. "My Opinion Only"

:orly3:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

You have 2 subs in a 12 cube ported box? I'm hoping they're the 15" subs. And I'm hoping you know what you're doing. That's a big-ass box for those two subs.

Anyway, I'd stray away from square subs. Other than looks, I've seen no real reason for them to be square. The difference in cone area is negligible, but the difference in SQ will be noticeable, so stick with the round woofers.

Yeah they are 15's and the only reason why got them cuz them 250 for the pair but they beat

Yes really.. He holds 4 or 5 world records and multiple world titles.. http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=477

Check him out hes for real an he owns NSPL as well.. Hes been around for years..

The van he has now does crazy numbers...

HU...Pioneer 5900IB

Wireing...Stinger

Amps...(1) Modded Stetsom 2K6..

Batts...(1) Stinger 2150

SPL Subs...(2) DD 9515 Hybrids

Daily Subs..(1) Mmats P3.0 15

N.S.P.L.

2012 NC State Record Trunk 1801-3600

2012 World Record Trunk 1801-3600

2011 NC State Record No Wall 0-24"

2011 NC State Record No Wall 0-24" Hardcore

2011 World Record No Wall 0-24"

2011 World Record No Wall 0-24" Hardcore

2010 World Record No Wall 0-2500w

2010 NC State Record No Wall 0-2500w

2009 NC State Record No Wall 0-24"

2009 NC State Record No Wall Hardcore 0-24"

im sorry buddy but EVERY l7 setup ive heard sounded like GARBAGE!!!!! sure it got loud. but it didnt sound very well.

and no .. im saying newbs confuse distortion with loudness. every highscoolers system ive seen had the gain and frequency cranked and sounded like garbage. but it was loud to them.. i reset their amps. and it sounded clean and they are like its not as loud now.. (not l7 specific)

tvtokyopokemon.gif

Derp.

I have made L7s sound really good.

I'm not sure how big of a difference it is for a sub to sound good verse being accurate but I have had multiple setups were I have made the L7 sound very very accurate in a ported box and I have made them sound damn good in small sealed boxes.

I have been useing L7's since 2002 and have owened 4 out of the 5 different versions of them. With the 2000 and 2006 models as my favorites. I have not used the 2008 to current model.

Yes they can sound good and can easily handle 200 watts more than rated power without breaking a sweat.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived