Sonic Electronix

are square subs overrated?

I had 4 L7 8s and I couldnt stand the way they sounded. I know have two cvx 10s and will never go square again.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

I have 1 kicker 15" L5 on a hifonics 600 rms amp and it tickles the inner ear ^_^.

I would say that round vs square isnt the issue it voice coil vs coil.

Ive ad rockford p3 that didnt hit as hard as this l5.i realy dont think its about round or square,

The square sub make my ear tickle and when itsthat loud the S.Q. depends on ure mids and highs!!!

The square sub make my ear tickle and when itsthat loud the S.Q. depends on ure mids and highs!!!

LOL, so wrong... Hence why they make subs strictly for SQ purposes such as focal, morel, hertz, digital designs, to name a few that all have their own dedicated SQ woofers (not a woofer that can be used for sq or spl).

I have 1 kicker 15" L5 on a hifonics 600 rms amp and it tickles the inner ear ^_^.

Ive ad rockford p3 that didnt hit as hard as this l5.i realy dont think its about round or square,

lol wow fail on both of those.

How is the issue coil vs. coil? that doesn't make sense.

SQ depends on subs too, SPL subs aren't as tight and can sound muddy (not always, there are nice sounding SPL subs) but thats a very general rule. This happens because ,correct me if i'm wrong, they aren't as linear as SQ subs and are designed to get as much excursion as possible, with as much power as possible, making them loud. SQ on the other hand requires a very very very accurate reproduction of the wave, and a nice SQ box (but thats beside the point ATM) they don't take as much power as a SPL woofer can, and don't get as much excursion, because they must stay linear, therefor they sound nice.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I guess nobody saw what I wrote, but my statement is the truf

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I guess nobody saw what I wrote, but my statement is the truf

Your post about the corners is definitely true. Haven't kicker made the surrounds thicker and wider at the corners? Otherwise it would rip at the corners. I think we should stick to round, thats whats been made for years and years, its had so much time to be perfected...

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived