so after months of not using my house comp ( got a laptop) i decided to hook it up in my room to my tv using the Hdmi out on comp but it wont work can anyone show me a how to

to get it to work for me?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i believe i need help getting computer to work with the tv

when i go to the hdmi input it says no signal

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

my hdmi works fine i use it all the time with the 360

i dont think the computers giving a signal to the tv

i go to my settings and it says only 1 monitor is hooked up (tv using monitor out)

edit- no i've never used this comp with tv but i dont see why it wouldnt work tv has hdmi out so it should be plug and play shouldnt it ?

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

my hdmi works fine i use it all the time with the 360

i dont think the computers giving a signal to the tv

i go to my settings and it says only 1 monitor is hooked up (tv using monitor out)

edit- no i've never used this comp with tv but i dont see why it wouldnt work tv has hdmi out so it should be plug and play shouldnt it ?

Plug and play... Depends which OS and which video card really.

If you power down the computer hook up both a monitor and the TV and turn it on does the TV do anything at all during the entire boot up process (flash, change color anything)? What kind of video card is it and do you have a utility installed from your video card manufacturer (ATi, Nvidia, Intel)?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

simple simple, check to see if the latest display drivers for your laptop are installed. plug the cable in to the laptop and tv then if it does not auto adjust press your FN+F4 keys. FN is function (usually right by the windows key on the keyboard) and F4 is the Display key, at least mine is F4. you should see on one of the keys if its not F4 a box with a line on each side, thats the key you want. let me know

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

go into screen resolution *if on windows 7* can right click on desktop and go into it, and click detect if you have a regular monitor hooked up.. i dont know if your running ati or nvidia but in ati you can go into the ati catalyst and make sure force tv detection is hooked up as well

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones