Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

i was wondering if there is any place at all in michigan that will do a outer rim repair. i took a pothole and lost 2 tires and ended up with 2 rims with an indent no wider than 1/4in on the lip.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

so what your saying is you need a rim job

ha ha

but on a serious note i cant help ya

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

Is it an aluminum or steel rim.

I know I checked countless places around me and researched the net a bit, and always seen that steel rims can be bent back to shape, but an aluminum rim will just break out, or crack, and you cant really heat the aluminum hot enough to bend it straight without it melting (around 800-1500degrees F) depending on the alloy.

Edit: if its a stock wheel (steel or aluminum) your best off just going to a junkyard and buying a new one for $20-$50.

But if its an aftermarket bling bling rim, and it still hold air, I wouldnt mess with it honestly. I wouldnt take the chance having someone claim they can fix it, heat it up and melt it beyond the point of it ever holding air again, and messing up the chrome plating or polished finish.

My $0.02cents worth is done :)

 

 

Posted

so what your saying is you need a rim job

ha ha

but on a serious note i cant help ya

you nasty bastard lol. theyre chrome 18s and the rims arent bent or anything at all just have the indent

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

well i would keep them as is if i couldnt find a shop that could pull it off. cause if i couldnt id just go be a follower and buy 22s XD since im leavin MI anyways kik

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

pics? i wouldnt mess with it unless its a problem or VERY noticeable, theres a shop near here that send them out when they are cracked to get fixed, they prob can do it. $90 to fix it....but shipping it to the shop and back to you wouldnt be worth it personally

Posted

I know a girl whose dad owns a wheel shop in Melvindale. I can ask her if they fix rims. If I remember correctly, she told me a story about how she messed up one of her rims and her dad fixed it relatively easily. I go to school with her, so if I run into her tomorrow, I can ask.

Posted

yeah theres also a guy that fixes wheels around here, outta his garage but havent seen him in a while. he usually drops by work(discount tire) every once and a while

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3039 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...