Sonic Electronix

hey. is this wire any good for the big 3? its Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) is made up of 90% Aluminum and 10% Copper. its pretty cheap for 20 feet. or should i go for another brand. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Metallic-Blue-1-0-Gauge-Power-Wire-20-Feet_W0QQitemZ380221079714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5886f140a2

Edited by imupabove

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

hey. is this wire any good for the big 3? its Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) is made up of 90% Aluminum and 10% Copper. its pretty cheap for 20 feet. or should i go for another brand. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Metallic-Blue-1-0-Gauge-Power-Wire-20-Feet_W0QQitemZ380221079714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5886f140a2

CCA can't carry as much current as OFC can (about 250 for CCA, 300 for OFC). Knu is a great brand of wire, more wire and less jacket than any other brand I've seen. You can order straight from their website for the same price and get only the amount of cable you need instead of purchasing pre-cut amounts. Their Fleks is OFC and about $3.40 a foot, the KLMX you linked to is CCA and $1.75 a foot.

I have knu and shok wire in my car, shok is noticeably bigger atleast to me, and about 120$ per 50ft shok is almost as flexible as knu as well

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I have knu and shok wire in my car, shok is noticeably bigger atleast to me, and about 120$ per 50ft shok is almost as flexible as knu as well

I have the knu wire and i couldn't imagine bigger, we played hell getting the crimp terminals onto the wires without having a ton of wires hanging out.

Love this wire. Would definatly suggest it. Jump on the knukoncepts website and order you some. At $1.75 a foot new, you can't go wrong.

Just keep in mind this stuff isn't that flexable, so if you have some tight turns to make (like 90 degree bend in a 2 inch space) get something else.

i have the big 3 done in 1/0 KLMX. let me tell you, if you plan on using closed end terminals and solder, get 2/0 lugs. the 1/0 lugs i got from ebay were too small for the KLMX and i had to trim off a couple hundred strands just to get it to fit in the lug.

Image11.gif

closed end lug = something like that ^^^^^^^^^

i have this same wire but its 4 gauge. the jacket isnt flexible but bother.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Im running all Knu ofc fleks :) its great

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec