Sonic Electronix

If youre concerned with weight why the hell are you walling the car? Hahaha.

I mean my box and one 15 noticeably makes my rear sag and i can notice a decrease in acceleration. Youll definitely notice it since 240s are really that powerful stock.

And no one can really tell you how loud it will be. If you do a shitty install it wont be very loud but if its done well you could be into the 150s.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

since you researched b4 askin the question, how loud do you think it'll be??

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

The words "wall, loud, and fast" do not go together at all.

Your looking at 3 70pound batteries. That alone is equal to a fullsize adult that you will always be driving around.

Now add an additional 44 pounds for 2 sub amps.

But dont forget about the weight of the woofers! Probably a good 80-100 pounds right there!

and the weight for a properly built wall! Oh wow, 3to4 sheets of 4'by8' Mdf! unless you use baltic birch and pay twice as much per sheet... Either way It will add up fast.

And when you think thats it for weight, dont forget about the weight of whatever amp(s) you use to run your mids and highs, The 20 or so pounds of fiberglass and resin (that is if you build a proper wall).

And all the power/speaker wire youll be running thru out the car. That stuff adds up quick!

So do you want a fast car and quiet car with a pair of shitty 10s, or a slow room a zooom zoooom ricer with lots of booom!?

Use all the money for the audio to do an engine swap. =)

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

well if you got ten cubes for two 15's on more then rms power i would recommend a smaller box first of or add one more 15. if the box is ten cubes you'll still have enough space and it'll be more efficent and instead of getting two or three amps get one big one. it'll be easier to wire and less gain to set. But yea a wall in a small car will get loud easily trust me it'll kill that 146 you heard

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Every time i see a thread title like this all i can think of is "awwwww shit"

cause its almost impossible to tell

But to have a big enough box built well enough with bracing and everything plus the 15's and the amps and the wires your gonna be adding a lot of weight to your ride so im think you need to sacrifice one or the other

Just my 2 cents though

upgrade the turbo, stand alone ecu and someone who knows how to tune it and pretty much everything else you could think of, and keep it as fast as stock, but have a wall too, I say do it..... :popcorn:

Dude. I'm going to be running 10 cubes on my 2 18's. Tuned to 35. About 5-10kw of power per sub. If you are going to build a box that big. Tuned that low. You are not going to need that amount of power. You could do it obviously. But don't plan on blasting it all the time. Cuz you will be doing recones every month.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

Dude. I'm going to be running 10 cubes on my 2 18's. Tuned to 35. About 5-10kw of power per sub. If you are going to build a box that big. Tuned that low. You are not going to need that amount of power. You could do it obviously. But don't plan on blasting it all the time. Cuz you will be doing recones every month.

x2

the bigger the box the smaller amount of power you can throw at them at a constant rate

just hope your careful when runnin that

hes got a sr20det

i dont know my nissan motors but i think thats right

it is a nissan motor but not what came in the 240sx. the sr20det was in the sylvia and the 180sx, the 240 had the ka24e. now he said hes getting the hatch so im assuming its the LE trim which had a little bit more upgrades and featured the dohc ka24de, which only produced a little over 150horses at the crank.

i dont mean to rain on anyones parade, but i think the 240 is a horrible choice if you want something fast...especially if the motor remains stock. and the wall will DEFINITELY weigh it down for a noticable difference in speed, acceleration, and horsepower per lb. i wouldnt reccomend doing a wall, but thats my personal opinion. and the motor in the 240 should be swapped out for the CA18det.

and on a side note, its almost impossible to assume how loud (db level) a cars system is going to be based off of a wishlist. and also remember that db levels are exponential, 140 to 141 dbs is not a very noticeable difference, since its said 10db is required for human ears to register sound levels but nonetheless...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived