Grounds to my tahoe's frame....quick Q for the PRO's please...

This is what I did in my Hoe and have no issues.

1- Replace engine ground with new 1/0 and ran to the frame, driver's side.

2- Ran new 1/0 ground from the front battery to the same point, driver's side

3- Ran all batteries grounds in the back, 1/0 to the rear frame, driver's side

4- Ran all buss bars grounds, (8) 1/0 to the frame in the rear, driver's side ***KEEP THESE THE SAME LENGTH***

5- Ran RF360 ground to middle frame 10g

For your HU, try using the factory ground.

If your amps are mounted and touching any metal, get them remounted with a barrier under them. This can cause stray grounds to be induced. Make sure all ground connections are on the metal, no paint between the lug and frame.

1. He Done it

2. He done it

3. He done it

4. He done it

5. he has no external signal processing

His HU was using factory ground and it was worse.

His amps are mounted to a false floor that i myself built.

Edit: seth, if you're off tomorrow, i can come over and we can try a few things. there seems to be no miracle cure answer to this so i've got a few things in mind to try out.

Forgot to mention, try removing the RCAs from the amp and start the engine. No noise, go the other way, plug back into the amp and unplug from the HU. Any noise?

thanks for your input, great advise

1. He Done it

2. He done it

3. He done it

4. He done it

5. he has no external signal processing

His HU was using factory ground and it was worse.

His amps are mounted to a false floor that i myself built.

Edit: seth, if you're off tomorrow, i can come over and we can try a few things. there seems to be no miracle cure answer to this so i've got a few things in mind to try out.

Brian, im not, I work till 7pm...you on the clock on saturday?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Noobadmin

first of all, I have mentioned several times for people to stop post dumping in this thread. Secondly, to be a MOD you dont need to be Steve Meade smart, you just need to be a "GOOD GUY", which I am. So that takes me to your pointless thread dumping post..... You'll see what I mean :yahoo:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

If all these PROS are giving you suggestions and you already tried it then why dont you go somewhere else and ask.God damn dude all i did was try to help YOU and wasted my time looking for fixes for the problem for you.Go pay for some PRO help instead of bitching about not getting the fucking answer you want.And just because your wiring is SHOW QUALITY dont mean its all done proper asshole.You been around the site long enough why couldnt you just pm all the PROS and ask them instead of waiting for weeks to find out through all the help....i mean CLUTTER people are dropping in here.Grow the fuck up.

Im going to leave that there for newls but chill the hell out. Its tough to tell tone over the internet but I can tell the butt hurt is strong with you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

newls if you need anything, you can give me a call, just pm me and ill give you my number.

too many butt hurt people this thread bitching about them knowing it all because they read something on the interwebs...

I maybe not a pro, but Ive built more then my fair share 150-157+db vehicles, and im a insured installernet and mecp installer, not to mention help running db drag shows for the last 3 years :)

Butt hurt is what trolls say.Ill leave it at that.

so if I read that right you just called me a troll. Don't be sensitive. grow up and cut the shit. for real

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Seth. I have only one question for you. How long has it been since you've topped off your batteries with a charger? That would be my first suggestion if you have not done so already. The second thing I would recommend would be to get an old ass pair of RCA's that you don't care about and cut off the ends and make a set of muting plugs out of them. On each rca, solder the center conductor to the shield and tape it off. Starting at the first piece of equipment after the head unit plug the muting plugs into it with the truck running...if the noise goes away it is something with the head unit or rca's. If not, it's your electrical.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

Archived