Sonic Electronix

I've been looking for an inexpensive alternative to the termlab. I found this post.

term lab alternative

In this post they mention a russian made meter. I've been in contact with them and they offer two alternatives. A usb meter like the termlab and a stand alone unit with LCD screen. SPL-Labs claim both are with in .2 Db of the termlab. I'm thinking about getting the LCD unit.

Does anyone have any experince or advice for these units?

Thanks.

Maybe it costs less than a TL, but what is the cost to get it shipped and for duties into the US?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

honestly the TL is not that much. offer metering in your area and you can make your money back and also have the best and most accurate meter ever made.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Shipping is roughly $55 to get it in 5-7 days, $20 to get it 14-25 days. As for accuracy the russian meter and the termlab use the same motorola pressure sensor. I'm not looking to make money off of it, I just want something to test with before going to a comp.

Any one out there tried one of these? The russians seem to like it in the sundown post.

I'm leaning towards trying one out. What would the community like to hear about, the USB Bass meter or the LCD Bass Meter?

Share your thoughts.

Shipping is roughly $55 to get it in 5-7 days, $20 to get it 14-25 days. As for accuracy the russian meter and the termlab use the same motorola pressure sensor. I'm not looking to make money off of it, I just want something to test with before going to a comp.

Any one out there tried one of these? The russians seem to like it in the sundown post.

I'm leaning towards trying one out. What would the community like to hear about, the USB Bass meter or the LCD Bass Meter?

Share your thoughts.

So that's like $300 shipped..not bad at all. I'm really thinking about getting one after my system is done. When the difference is .1 dB from the TL, people can suck a dick if they try to tell me the score I post isn't legit, especially for the price difference.

Also, get the USB Bass Meter and lemme know how you like it. :D

whats the cost of the meter?

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

whats the cost of the meter?

$270 plus shipping for the termlab style meter

$330 for the LCD meter. I'm leaning towards this one. If the battery in my laptop runs out, like it always does. I can still play.

Think it's worth the extra bucks?

BTW, hypnotic avatar. Nice. :)

The LCD does the same thing except it doesn't require a laptop, right?

I think it's cool, but I'd rather just save the cash and use my laptop. People might argue that it's not accurate because it's not a TL, but they'd be even less likely to believe it if there's no laptop there either.

People are stupid.

The LCD does the same thing except it doesn't require a laptop, right?

I think it's cool, but I'd rather just save the cash and use my laptop. People might argue that it's not accurate because it's not a TL, but they'd be even less likely to believe it if there's no laptop there either.

People are stupid.

good point! but if he isn't using it to make profit..it would be better to get the lcd..just pop it on and go..would be more sufficient for me :D plus i dnt like having my laptop all hooked up vibrating n all..but if u get a long enough usb u can do it "professionally" outside of the car :P

btw, how much do termlabs usually run for?

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Archived