Sonic Electronix

thats not sarcasm..

i just find it funny that your asking if rockford is a bad name..

rockford is a awesome brand.. although i would probably buy sundown/dat/audioque/hifonics over it.

my email is rockfordfosgate_man btw lol that was back when i first was into car audio. lol

You serious about the last 2 brands? :trippy:

A lot of misleading info on the CA site, most people don't know a lot about audio, don't go their anymore please.(they think more excursion=louder and/or more power handling.) :trippy:

To the thread starter, go with the (2) XS d3100s, and get a 300amp alternator atleast.

Don't use the T4000.1 if you don't have overpowered subwoofer by a lot of watts before.

You need to set the gain with a Oscope to set the gains properly, if you don't you will burn up the coils.

If you want to just let it sound good, and not crackhead SQ then you don't need those JL's, a lot of woofers out there that have good SQ and get louder with a better price/performance.

What is you're front stage(aka mids and highs)?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If you want to just let it sound good, and not crackhead SQ then you don't need those JL's, a lot of woofers out there that have good SQ and get louder with a better price/performance.

I thought I dealt with this issue in my previous post, plus he already has most of the stuff, including the JL's

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

LMAO!!!! I BET YOUR HOUSE, CAR, SYSTEM, GIRLFRIEND, AND YOUR MOTHER. Wanna play?

bad-newbie-bad.jpg

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

okay so I got tired of readin through the posts of the people bitchin about your sub choice its your choice most people stay away from jl me included but you want to know about power choices id do the batcap batteries if the batcap 8400's heat up daily then do a couple smaller ones and irragi is a good choice but I do at least a 300 amp or two 250's if you have the room in the engine bay good luck

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

You serious about the last 2 brands? :trippy:

You need to set the gain with a Oscope to set the gains properly, if you don't you will burn up the coils.

yes i am.. are you forgetting the xxv series from hifonics?? xxv collossus xxv goliath and the beast xxv maximus

and audioque.. ive seen colton beat on his fi btl for over a year with it wired at .5 ohm.. and it took it..

2.. i have yet to set a system with a o scope. (not saying its bullshit. because i would like to get one one day. ) but you dont NEEED it to keep from burnin your shit up. only time you need it is when you need maximum output from your amp.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

okay so I got tired of readin through the posts of the people bitchin about your sub choice its your choice most people stay away from jl me included but you want to know about power choices id do the batcap batteries if the batcap 8400's heat up daily then do a couple smaller ones and irragi is a good choice but I do at least a 300 amp or two 250's if you have the room in the engine bay good luck

Thank you very much. All I wanted was some suggestions on power supply. After doing more research, I think (2) batcap 4000s will do pretty well. And I've nothing but good things about Irragi's. I'm going to contact them in the morning. I'm just trying to get all my equipment at least ordered and paid for before I head to Japan in 2 two weeks. I accept everyone's critism about JL and that's fine. I bought what I WANTED. I'm not sure if they were understanding that. Oh yeah, do you have any idea what a 300amp alt will do at idle? I was told the idle number was most important.

youd be better off with two xs 3100 series.. specially for a daily system.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...