Sonic Electronix

Why would you run that sub on two amps seeing a 2-ohm load? They wouldn't even move. Study.

bridging two of the T2500 bdCp amps would create one larger amp of 5000 how would they not move the sub and i was going to run them at 2 ohm load. it was goign to be one t2500bd per voice coil.

what ohm load is he running. read.

It would not really matter if he is going to be running them at 2 ohms each or 1 ohm each. From what I can see, and same with Neo is that he is going to be running 1 2500 to each coil. It still going to be pulling some good current. I also agree with Neo on running atleast 2 300 amp alts, or the biggest ones that will fit on your engine. Your also going to want to get as many batteries that you can get and fit into your ride.

What car is this going into by chance?

edit: Some replies came while I was typing my reply. But I'm still going with what I said

edit 2: Your in Mammoth, damn my grandparents and my aunt live in Bishop. I go up there atleast once a year. Should meet up sometime if you dont mind.

Edited by Blue

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

bridging two of the T2500 bdCp amps would create one larger amp of 5000 how would they not move the sub and i was going to run them at 2 ohm load. it was goign to be one t2500bd per voice coil.

I was saying a 2-ohm load per amp. Since you're going that big I was assuming that you weren't an idiot. I was right.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

what voltage were you wanting to run? 12v, 16v? before getting 5 d3100s, i was going to go with the d1600, and would reccomend running one d1600 for every 1500 watts. super pricey, not including the shipping. but it also depends on useage, daily or competition?

definitely twin alternators, but the batteries are going to come down on how you plan on using the system, as if 3 of those badboys would be for daily use only, lol and at what voltage.

and i dont know on the batteries thats why i asked beucase im not the best with the electrical i am used to doing all the building im up for all suggestions and it woudl be for a combinations of daily and comp.and im thinking 12v but i dont really know thats why im asking

It would not really matter if he is going to be running them at 2 ohms each or 1 ohm each. From what I can see, and same with Neo is that he is going to be running 1 2500 to each coil. It still going to be pulling some good current. I also agree with Neo on running atleast 2 300 amp alts, or the biggest ones that will fit on your engine. Your also going to want to get as many batteries that you can get and fit into your ride.

im going to put this into my 2008 mustang gt as a rear seat delete for the subs and all fo the amps and batteries will be in the trunk and trunk will be completely isolated from the rest of car.

Edited by o8mustang13

what ohm load is he running. read.

Ohm load doesnt really matter in this instance.

One amp per coil. or 2 strapped amps per sub.

Those amps can do same power at various impedances and actually draw very similar power from the electrical at various ohm loads.

OP.

Its simple to design your electrical layout. First figure what your current draw will be.

In the case of 6) RF 2500s. You may draw upwards of 250A per amp. Times 6 this is 1500A. At full power of 15,000w, and 75% efficiency, you may draw up to 20,000w of power at short bursts.

So choose the amount and size of batteries that can supply that amount of power.

The XS Power D3100 is rated up to 5000w. So 4 of them would do ya good.

Now, choose an alternator capable of keeping the batteries charged.

XS Power batts have very low ESR and are easy to charge. But its still 4 big batts. So the minimum charging for each battery would be based on its capacity and ESR. The batts do have a large capacity. 75A of charging is the minimum I would recommend for each D3100. But the more you get, the longer you can perform at peak.

So at very least a 300A alt.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Ohm load doesnt really matter in this instance.

One amp per coil. or 2 strapped amps per sub.

Those amps can do same power at various impedances and actually draw very similar power from the electrical at various ohm loads.

OP.

Its simple to design your electrical layout. First figure what your current draw will be.

In the case of 6) RF 2500s. You may draw upwards of 250A per amp. Times 6 this is 1500A. At full power of 15,000w, and 75% efficiency, you may draw up to 20,000w of power at short bursts.

So choose the amount and size of batteries that can supply that amount of power.

The XS Power D3100 is rated up to 5000w. So 4 of them would do ya good.

Now, choose an alternator capable of keeping the batteries charged.

XS Power batts have very low ESR and are easy to charge. But its still 4 big batts. So the minimum charging for each battery would be based on its capacity and ESR. The batts do have a large capacity. 75A of charging is the minimum I would recommend for each D3100. But the more you get, the longer you can perform at peak.

So at very least a 300A alt.

Thank you very much that was exactly what i was looking for was something like that. I appreciate tha tyou explained it as well so i could understand thank you for the information. i really do appreciate it.

Edit: with what you said would two 300amp alternators be enough and i was thinking about four xs 3100's in the back and then one up front would that be good oh also should i add on one more batter to take care of the mids/highs/

Edited by o8mustang13

im going to put this into my 2008 mustang gt as a rear seat delete for the subs and all fo the amps and batteries will be in the trunk and trunk will be completely isolated from the rest of car.

i am running 3 15" fi btls, and 2 t4000s. i was seriously going to run at 16volts, but decided i didnt need that much. maybe later when i can make enough room for all the batteries.

i was short on money since most of the money went to doing the caddy front end conversion (03 silerado) and many other cosmetic things, i used 2 d3100s which was reccomended from xs for daily use but 4 minimum if i wanted to use it in any comps. i ran the batteries until i was able to afford 3 more of the d3100s. i would definitely run 6 of the d3100s.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

edit: Some replies came while I was typing my reply. But I'm still going with what I said

edit 2: Your in Mammoth, damn my grandparents and my aunt live in Bishop. I go up there atleast once a year. Should meet up sometime if you dont mind.

NO i would be down to meet up with you i will only be in mammoth until late july early august as im moving to sac to go to school ( wyotech) but sure if you want once i have the final plans decided on this project im going to start the build.

1 batt per amp, at least 1 300A alt, if not a pair of 200+'s.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.