AA/SMD 15" in Bedroom??

this is what i thought. when i was A LOT younger i had set up a seperate battery source and 2 infinity subs with some crappy kenwoods 6x9s and an old alpine deck.

then i grew up. for my tv/gaming area i use the bose 321gs series and in my room the iKicker. more than enough and sounds great.

i got a z5500 right now and i was thinking about putting a 10" FI sub in my room powered by a Crown XLS802D Power Amplifier, instead and save up for a truck then put 2 18" AA/SMD in there

i got a z5500 right now and i was thinking about putting a 10" FI sub in my room powered by a Crown XLS802D Power Amplifier, instead and save up for a truck then put 2 18" AA/SMD in there

well that makes sense. after a long hard day at the office and shop, all i want to do is sit down and listen to a lot of vibrating stuff. to hell with music and lyrics, i only want bass reverberating off the walls. makes every day much better.

i think you might be in a little over your head. you dont have a vehicle yet, so i would definitely worry more about making sure your horse and cart in the correct order. its not as easy or as cheap as you may think.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

well that makes sense. after a long hard day at the office and shop, all i want to do is sit down and listen to a lot of vibrating stuff. to hell with music and lyrics, i only want bass reverberating off the walls. makes every day much better.

i think you might be in a little over your head. you dont have a vehicle yet, so i would definitely worry more about making sure your horse and cart in the correct order. its not as easy or as cheap as you may think.

and im trying to remember....z5500 is the dolby digital surround sound by logitech? POS in my opinion

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and im trying to remember....z5500 is the dolby digital surround sound by logitech? POS in my opinion

good enough for surround sound though, but i was also thinking 2 18" fi's in a box up against my wall powered by a Crown XTI 4000 Digital Power Amplifier

should I really put a 15" AA/SMD in my room? once i get the money im going to buy it, but 1 thing though, HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO POWER IT? please help, thanks

Just get a Beringer Euro power 2500 and run it at 4 ohm you will be fine. Just make sure you have an active crossover for it and a volume controlled preout for it. For the enclosure just go 6 cubes tuned to peak flat for movies in your room depending on size approx 17hz-24hz. For music prob tune a bit higher and have a good set of towers. Always make sure enclosure does not flex thats the worst in home audio.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Just get a Beringer Euro power 2500 and run it at 4 ohm you will be fine. Just make sure you have an active crossover for it and a volume controlled preout for it. For the enclosure just go 6 cubes tuned to peak flat for movies in your room depending on size approx 17hz-24hz. For music prob tune a bit higher and have a good set of towers. Always make sure enclosure does not flex thats the worst in home audio.

alright thanks for the help

Not to be rude, but at the cost of one SMD/AA you could buy a decent car. With that car you can get a job (or if you have a job, get a better job, or a second job.) With a job you can save up for them faster, and in the time it took to buy one, you can get two. That's how I think you should do it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Not to be rude, but at the cost of one SMD/AA you could buy a decent car. With that car you can get a job (or if you have a job, get a better job, or a second job.) With a job you can save up for them faster, and in the time it took to buy one, you can get two. That's how I think you should do it.

thats what i was thinking

Well crown amps are good but don't put batteries in your home lol and like first thread fi q is lot cheaper and I think better route

Archived