Second Skin Audio

Need New Sub, Help Me Pick

I'm looking for a new sub to replace my 12" CVR, it's time for something louder. I've been researching subs for the past couple of months and still cannot make up my mind. I'm looking for a sub that will get loud and still sound pretty good, it will be going into a small trunk car. The only requirments that I need is for it to be a 12", can take around 1200rms daily, can be wired into a 2ohm final impedance, and no more than $300.

some of the subs I've been looking at are:

FI - BL,Q

RE - SX

Soundstream - SPLX,T4/5

American Bass - VFL

Atomic - APX

What would you choose? or is there any other suggestions. I don't have a problem buying of EBAY or even used if I could find a deal on something. Please help.

i would choose BL... since i already have one...

i've heard the SS-SLPX and its real loud too... but it was only a 12" so i couldn't compare it with my BL 18"...

and the other brands i'm sure are good... cause you really cannot go wrong with anyone of them..

I personally installed and used the SS SPLX alot of times, and I love the fact they are a low Qts SPL/SQL subwoofer, wich means they will play loud, flatter,pretty accurately with pretty flexible box designs. Also what I noticed, you threw in there VFL/APX, those are dedicated spl subwoofers, fart woofers, no comparison with the rest, apples and oranges ya know?

Also another brand to think of in that price range would be Audioque woofers the HD312 which is a pretty damn good woofer from what Ive heard, plus its made by DD, but its a few $$ more, like 20-30 more

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i would choose BL... since i already have one...

i've heard the SS-SLPX and its real loud too... but it was only a 12" so i couldn't compare it with my BL 18"...

and the other brands i'm sure are good... cause you really cannot go wrong with anyone of them..

What did I miss :blush::blink:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I'm looking for a new sub to replace my 12" CVR, it's time for something louder. I've been researching subs for the past couple of months and still cannot make up my mind. I'm looking for a sub that will get loud and still sound pretty good, it will be going into a small trunk car. The only requirments that I need is for it to be a 12", can take around 1200rms daily, can be wired into a 2ohm final impedance, and no more than $300.

some of the subs I've been looking at are:

FI - BL,Q

RE - SX

Soundstream - SPLX,T4/5

American Bass - VFL

Atomic - APX

What would you choose? or is there any other suggestions. I don't have a problem buying of EBAY or even used if I could find a deal on something. Please help.

Look into DC Audio.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Look into DC Audio.

I was going to get in on the group buy for a level 4 12", but they only come in dual 2ohm which is no good for me.

Thanks for the replies. The Q and the SX were the ones I was really intersted in but I belive i'm going to go ahead and order me a SX this evening. Thanks for all the help