Second Skin Audio

Kicker Solo X...?

Gearstix

ive seen way to many solo x's blow off their RMS, hell, ive seen the solo x's blow off of half their RMS, shops in my area promote kickers all the time, and I go up and hang with them alot.. I just think they are pretty crappy for what they claim to be.

Ive seen BTLs in person, on double their rms and never got warm.. so I dont know.. But I guess ill keep my comments to my self on it. My opinion still stands that BTL > solo x for what ive seen first hand.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ive seen way to many solo x's blow off their RMS, hell, ive seen the solo x's blow off of half their RMS, shops in my area promote kickers all the time, and I go up and hang with them alot.. I just think they are pretty crappy for what they claim to be.

Ive seen BTLs in person, on double their rms and never got warm.. so I dont know.. But I guess ill keep my comments to my self on it. My opinion still stands that BTL > solo x for what ive seen first hand.

maybe noobs were running the solo Xs because of the hype... underpowering can be worse than overpowering!

i claim that no sub is blowing off half the rms going to it IF its clean watts and a proper box. (and no 10 hz tones).

install is way more important than the question btl vs solo x.

my 15 L7 build

my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos

Too many things can come into play when talking about people blowing subs. If you have the right electrical and a good clean signal, you can over power almost any sub, including the solo x. If I recall someone used two solo x 18s and did close to a 170 or more?

You know what they say about opinions though :D

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

maybe noobs were running the solo Xs because of the hype... underpowering can be worse than overpowering!

i claim that no sub is blowing off half the rms going to it IF its clean watts and a proper box. (and no 10 hz tones).

install is way more important than the question btl vs solo x.

How is underpowering worse than overpowering. Isn't underpowering a sub the same as having it turned down on a good amount of power? I've never heard a bad review of a btl, but I've heard of a couple with solo x's. But I'm no fanboy.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

i have a solo x 18 and it is huge man! if you do fit it in the back chances are you are going to do damage to the sub because the box has to be built big enough for them..so make sure you go to kicker website and check the specs for boxes..but yea, never been near a btl but heard greatness about both..i love my kicker solo x though.. well gl and lets see some pics when you get that bitch in there ;)

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

I sold my 18" solo X and bought two DC lvl 4s. The sound quality is better and they hit harder. Check it out. Dcsoundlab.com

Dont get me qrong i loved that SoloX. But i would be scared to give it 5kwrms

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

which size are the DCs?

actually you can also get the solo x sound great! just tune it very low ~25 hz in a 12 cft enclosure or go 12 cft sealed and polyphylled.

You DO remember were talking about the back seat of a truck. And you wanna bring up 12 cft?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived