2007 Suburban Looking For Battery Options

I raised the hood on my 07 and I notice that my battery is on the passanger side of the truck, while on the driver side behide the fuse box is a place to add a second battery. I want to run a two battery setup for my truck, one for starting the truck, the other for the stereo system. I don't know which batteries to choose, so that's where you guys come in. Now even thought I have an 07, doesn't mean I'm loaded with cash. Gas is a Bitch right now. So it has to be within reason as far as price. I've used the Optima Red top batteries before and was thinking about doing two yellow tops instead, but I'm not sure if I want to go with them do to price. I also want the batteries to last so will I need to get an isolator for them? I'm really looking to stay under $200 if at all possible.

Here is the truck. I got it used for around $30K. Its an LT model that didn't come with the bose system(thank god).

img4058fb6.jpg

This is shot of the battery:

batteryzy2.jpg

This is the extra battery bay on the driver side of the truck. Where could I go to get matterial to hold the extra battery in place if I was to mount it here?

extrabatterybayoh2.jpg

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

you dont really have to choose. you can just wire the batteries together and then from one of them run your wire back to your amps. they would all, in essence, be for starting you car/you system. you can go to lowes or hd and get some thin sheet metal and some good snips. then just cut and bend until u have fabricated something to hold the battery in.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Nice SUV you got there. Well Ive heard to run yellow tops or reds tops which ever one is in your price range and you also have to consider what system wise your going to run?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

I have an 07 Tahoe and I got a couple picked out. Check the Everstart 48-3 from Wal-Mart. Autozone has a Duralast 48-DL. If you are just bent on getting a deep cell, then get a yellow top. I'm sure they can be had for $200 or less. Welcome aboard!

Edited by black_tahoe

I have an 07 Tahoe and I got a couple picked out. Check the Everstart 48-3 from Wal-Mart. Autozone has a Duralast 48-DL. If you are just bent on getting a deep cell, then get a yellow top. I'm sure they can be had for $200 or less. Welcome aboard!

Hey Black Tahoe, are you running dual batteries in your truck? If so do you have any photos to share on how its looks? I'm just trying to get some ideals on how to run the wires and what not.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Id stay away from standard redtops, they arent the most durable batteries.... Id go with a pair of Odyssesy batteries 1500/1700/2150 the choice would depend on your system and electrical needs

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio