Need help chosing touch screen HU

I'm stuck with a single din in my car. That soundstream looks neat but can't find any info on actual features besides basic basic stuff. Also the price is showing 800+. Obviously that could come down. Others?

price varies by options. that particular one had nav and bt. not sure if thats a requirement or not for you. i guess it would help to know if you want nav/bt/tv tuner

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

guess im one of the lucky ones lol. i have a jensen 9312 that i bought used, but was only a month old. i just traded a pioneer 7700 and 50 bucks for it, had it for almost 3 years. almost no issues with it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I'm pretty set on wanting a flipout. Technically I could do double din but that requires changing from manual air/heat to EATC. It's a Taurus I'm doing my build in and the radio mount and ac controls are all one and the only double din mounts require eatc which I'm not interested in. I have a friend that has had a Kenwood KVT-5016?? I don't know the model number. But he has had it for two years now and the flip out still works great.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

kenwood kvt-516. great unit. im personally a big fan of kenwood headunits. ive never had any trouble with any of them. i would definitely recommend that over the soundstream. i guess i was a little awestruck by the 8.3" screen on the soundstream so it popped in my head first haha

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'm pretty set on wanting a flipout. Technically I could do double din but that requires changing from manual air/heat to EATC. It's a Taurus I'm doing my build in and the radio mount and ac controls are all one and the only double din mounts require eatc which I'm not interested in.

Learn to fiberglass then. ;)

Just saying man, I've seen problems. Not to mention as it stands, not many touch screens have been up to standards with the higher audio processing units.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

buy my clarion vz409 lol has everything you could ask for except for backup camera input.

Edited by cmamtower

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

buy my clarion vz409 lol has everything you could ask for except for backup camera input.

How much are you giving it up for?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

How much are you giving it up for?

hell i dont know. throw me a price i cant refuse. it also comes with original box and the ipod adapter which was like 30 bucks extra, in all i think i have $460 in it with the price of the unit, ipod adapter and shipping.

edit: its a great ass unit. great sq, easy navigation. i hate to get rid of it. but i need the money to pay my already past due bills (phone bills, car payment, insurance, credit card)

Edited by cmamtower

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

soundstream is releasing a 8.3" flipout hu. its going to be ~$600. distributor was just in my shop today talking about how cool it was haha. but it is pretty cool how it works. might be able to find a demo on youtube. its hard to describe the opening mechanism.

unit is VIR-8333NB

You got me interested in this until I read that it only has one set of outputs.

hell i dont know. throw me a price i cant refuse. it also comes with original box and the ipod adapter which was like 30 bucks extra, in all i think i have $460 in it with the price of the unit, ipod adapter and shipping.

I'm not real big on throwing offers.

But isn't MSRP like $500?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Well lets say I decided to switch over to EATC and get a double din mount or decided to tackle fiberglassing a custom mount and relocate my AC controls...Hows the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD? Kind of been looking through a few double dins and honestly I have fell in love with the UI and in general usage of this product from videos and pics. Is it a good HU?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff