What Volume Headunits Clip At

To those guys testing the Alpine 148 and 149 units, I assume these are from the RCAs, any way to test what the internal amp clips at?

same way you'd test the rca's. except just put the dmm probes on the speaker wires that are coming from the headunit harness.

To those guys testing the Alpine 148 and 149 units, I assume these are from the RCAs, any way to test what the internal amp clips at?

same way you'd test the rca's. except just put the dmm probes on the speaker wires that are coming from the headunit harness.

LOL, guess I should have worded that a little better. Is there any way you guys could test the speaker wires to see where the internal amp clips at? I dont have an Oscope and my wife is thinking about buying me one of these 2 models for my birthday.

so the ampline 147, 148, and 149 should be the same?

i have the 147 but not sure what it clips at i never go past 30 anyway

Well I saw a Youtube video of a guy testing the RCAs on the 147 with a scope and it didnt clip at max volume, then we have 2 guys hear saying the 148 and 149 dont clip either, so yeah, they are pretty much the same. I would like to know if the speaker level outputs clip though. If I get one, I may need to run my mids off the deck for a while until I can afford to upgrade to a decent amp.

JVC KD-AVX77 (my most recent upgrade woot! woot!)

First of all, this deck has a shit ton of settings, of which I think I disabled all of them before I tuned my deck. I will go over it again tonight and post those results later.

40/50

**UPDATE**

After thoroughly going thru the manual and disabling all the who-ha, I retested and was able to get it up to 50/50! So, out of all my 5v preout headunits I've ever owned, ALL of them are clean and don' clip. =)

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

80 prs. 62/62. DD1.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Excelon single din head units

3.75 volts at volume 35 1K Front and Rear unclipped

4.01 volts at volume 35 40hz Sub volume +1 unclipped

All filters, eq's, dsp, ect were shut off for testing.

shit, I didn't know that they didn't clip full volume!!!

on another note, it would be great if on the first post there was a list of the clipping volumes for the all the decks that are known

I feel Iike everyone is going to have different opinions on this depending on how they are testing the headunit and what head unit it is. DD-1 Is going to have different results than an oscope. From what I heard the dd1 is better at seeing distortion than an oscope. Ive seen videos where multiple dd1s are seeing distortion before the oscope does. And ive also personally seen two different hus of the same make and model put out different results. Impossible? Not really...machines were created by man so they cant be perfect if man isnt perfect. Wierd right? All I know is that if youre trying to set gains without some type of device (oscope dd1 or other) then you are setting yourself up for failure and should just invest in buying a device to help you instead of buying new equipment once u burn what you have..unless youre one of those people who just buy new stuff every once in a while..in which case id assume you got enuff to buy the tools anyway.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived