Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

At dB Drag Finals in 2008. I bass raced a 140.0 in my qualifying run.

i figured your mistake wouldve been that one night with the bazooka twins

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

well, the first H/U I bought was a sony explod. my dad gave me money to buy it after we moved. i got it put in. gave the car to my aunt to use and my cousin stole the dam thing. so my other cousin installed a new one (better then the shop ironically), and then i got my first system and when i got to the shop to listen to it. i had lots of bass just no Frikin music. the POS exploded one me, figure that one out. thats how i ended up with my eclpise H/U. ive had others but buying sony explod for some reason seams to rank first in my book.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

Definitely either when I tried to do a wall in a 20 cube trunk with a couple of subs that needed 3 cubes each. or the time I dropped my only pair of scissors on my cap and welded them shut.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

without thinking i hooked the power and ground in the wrong place and popped all of my fuses in the amp

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

At dB Drag Finals in 2008. I bass raced a 140.0 in my qualifying run.

Ahaha, you legend.

What could you bassrace consistently with that particular vehicle? Mid 40s? Ouch.

(I'm assuming here that you meant to do a 139.9...)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i hooked an amp up while the tinter was tinting, so he had the key on to roll windows up or down. Wired pos and neg up backwards. Put fuse in under the hood, pow, burned up the amp. Wont do that again.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

when i was installing my headunit fo the first time i had all the speaker wires and all the wires hooked up correctly. i thought i had a good groundwhen puting it into a screw that i thought was to the frame but i was wrong, i spent HOURS trying to find what was wrong and i just couldnt figure it out and i was all stressed out thinkin i broke something then for shits ang giggles i striped the stock harness ground wire and what do you know, it worked.....

bassin' in a reg cab ranger, thats whats up.

I'm recently getting back into mobile audio & my biggest mistake so far (besides punching holes in 6X9's) was a remote wire issue. I ran everything perfectly, hide everything under the carpet, wired everything right, kept it looking real clean. Well I go to turn it on & nothing happened. I traced everything back to make sure it was done right, made sure the terminals were tight, & still wasn't getting any power. Half hour later & I still couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on... The power & ground were good, I knew it had to be the remote wire. So I pulled up the trim around the door & there I see my remote wire chopped in half. apparently it slide back out from under the carpet while I was replacing the trim.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived